Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: good, all around set-up

Shad OTF now...down my way. Best fight OTF ever.

Ya'll trip me out.

tapered leaders are a waste of money unless you're fishing for finicky cold water trout or need a super light presentation...

other than that: Mono leaders...buy some stren or your choice of mono line, nail knot to fly line, and go fishing.

7'6 3 or 4 wt for fresh water type of fish.

9' 7 or 8wt for salty fish.

Stop making fishing gear so damn technical...it's not supposed to give you a headache...Trying to figure out what microscopic subsurface hatch the trout are feeding on when they refuse your royal wulf, pheasant tail nymph, elk hair caddis, or any combination of flies however, is.

Sheesh.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

A fucken men Stretch. Gimme some Ande green 4 pound mono and you can catch any freshwater trout that swims. It just gets bigger and easier from there....

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    You got any stickers I can borrow? I guess I need a TU sticker and a CCA sticker to start with, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    flat fish ='s panfish

popping bugs on a bream buster got me hooked on top water when I was a little fella...'preciate the info bog

Trout Unlimited. Send me the Chinese WTF stickers...I just got a new(to me) truck, so I need as many as possible(TU, CWTF, DU, Delta, FF, SCWA, CCA, etc. ) to get my window "right"
    Dude, the sooner you learn that it's GCCA in your AO the better off you'll be....

Can't go wrong with the Pflueger high end IMA 8 fly rods and the President reels. I have a 4wt, 6wt, 8wt, and a 10wt and all have performed well. $89.00 for rod and $129.00 for the reel. Make sure you buy good line. I recomend Reo or Scientific angler weight foward floating line. Good luck.