Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legislation against dog hunting

Commercialization of hunting! Gotta fucking love-it..........I wish i had a time machine as I would go back about 50 years just to hunt because then you wouldn't have all this fucking greed we have now over hunting...back then hunting was more commroderatory...is a group thing not an individual look at me and "My" deer kinda thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 3chunter View Post
    Commercialization of hunting! Gotta fucking love-it..........I wish i had a time machine as I would go back about 50 years just to hunt because then you wouldn't have all this fucking greed we have now over hunting...back then hunting was more commroderatory...is a group thing not an individual look at me and "My" deer kinda thing.
    Maybe I am missing your point here but when I say my deer I am not insinuating that I own these deer. Having said that I do own the land/lease that I pay for and NOBODY has the right to trespass, be it him or his dogs, to chase ANY wildlife off of said property for him/them to shoot. If you believe otherwise then this explains why this law is needed!

Again I have no problem with hunting with dogs but, trespassing is wrong and there are many that will continue to trespass using the excuse that it is tradition.
    "The beautiful thing about the Second Amendment, is that it won't be needed till they try to take it away" - Thomas Jefferson

Conservation Permit #1969

I wonder if they will work on a bill to increase NR fees next?That would simply be grand!
    Mess up and get a speeding ticket in another state. I cant count how many have tripled fines for out of state motorists. If you contest the ticket, and ask for a court trial, they make it just as hard as it can possibly be, and in the cases of some states, they will charge you with a misdemeanor if found guilty of speeding 8 mph over the speed limit.

And we give away our non-resident hunting licenses.

3C hunter, I refer you to Hobbes and his theory on the nature of man in a world of low resources. There are more property owners now than before, and most tracts of fractions of what they used to be. Mr. Hobbes knew what he was talking about.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    This law will effectively end dog hunting for deer in SC.

This will in no way, shape or form end dog hunting.. Hopefully it will get some of the renegades out of the picture..

Saying that, I will run dogs on MY property for the rest of my life!! I dont give a shit who makes the law.. I've got plenty of $500 dollar bills if it comes to that..

And if you don't like it, kiss my rebel dick..

Thanks again,

Phillip
    Last edited by PBiz; 01-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Well if someone is trespassing take pics and call the GW. How would you pass a hypocritical law like this....example..lets say I am on the coast duck hunting and I cripple a duck that goes on some plantation...I send my dog to get it and someone calls the GW..I get charged for my dog being on their land but if I let the duck go I can also be charged for wanton waste.

"NOBODY has the right to trespass, be it him or his dogs, to chase ANY wildlife off of said property for him/them to shoot. If you believe otherwise then this explains why this law is needed!"

I agree with half this statement. "Nobody" is right..no person should be one your property without your permission but I don't think this should include some animal(dog). Thats just my belief I realize I am in the minority here. But the reason I believe like this might be a combination of things. I know I am about to cause a big riff-raff but here goes.......In my opinion deer hunting in the last several years has gone down hill from a family-commrodery- friend aspect. 20-30 years ago everyone dog hunted mostly here in the lowcountry. and yes there was more land-less owners which I agree with big brother on his statement. But now we have a whole new deer hunter across the lowcountry. most of these NR or "upstate" guys never really got in to dog hunting and didn't grow up around it to experience what I think is true pure commrodery that can occur when friends and family join together as a group on a deer hunt. Rogue hunters are definitely a problem..and a few bad apples did spoil the bunch. But this is not a law that has occured from just the result of rogue dog hunters! they are only 25% of the reason why this law has even been thought up! The other 75 % in my opinion is from other reasons. less land, more landowners, the its all about "me" aspect, greed, selfishness, commercialization, and yes that guy who leases 20 acres in the middle of a 3000 acre dog club that now bitches about the dogs riunning across his property and disturbing "his" wildlife.---------thank you "guy"! for being the fucking dumb ass that started it all! I hope you kill a 140' on your cornpile while your kid watches as you grab the gun from him!...punk!

[QUOTE=fastalker;NOBODY has the right to trespass, be it him or his dogs, [I]to chase ANY wildlife off of said property for him/them to shoot[/I].
    You missed that part. Pursuing wounded game is a completely different matter.

is it...is it......How do you define a wounded animal technically??? I'm pretty sure even if you wound the animal you got to prove it or the GW can write any ticket he/she wants to. and lots of times its very hard to prove you "wounded" whatever it is being pursued.

Yes you GOT IT Featherduster!!!!!!!!!!

You keep using the excuse that someone bought 20 acres in the middle of 3000.........well that is a very rare occurrence. I grew up here in the lowcountry (I am not a transplant)and have been on a few dog hunts did enjoy those and they were done right. I am 38 yrs old and when I was a child 12-13 yrs old my father's house was on 47 acres, every Saturday dog hunters would turn dogs loose on one side of OUR property and stand on the dirt road bordering the other side of OUR property, do YOU think this is right? By your statements you seem to think it is.

Having said that, we have a dog club across the road from our small 156 acre hunting lease, and have NEVER had their dogs enter our land that we know of. They do it right as far as I am concerned and the law would not affect them. If I were to catch them trying to catch their dogs on my place I would probably help them as I know it would not be intentional. These are the guys that I would enjoy hunting with as they understand LAND RIGHTS.

I do not trespass on your property to still hunt because it is WRONG much less illegal. You should not trespass on MY property (or your dogs) to hunt as my property is my resource. You may not agree but right is right if nobody does it and wrong is wrong if everybody does it!
    "The beautiful thing about the Second Amendment, is that it won't be needed till they try to take it away" - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 3chunter View Post
    is it...is it......How do you define a wounded animal technically??? I'm pretty sure even if you wound the animal you got to prove it or the GW can write any ticket he/she wants to. and lots of times its very hard to prove you "wounded" whatever it is being pursued.

Sounds familiar to me................

“That depends on what your definition of "is" is”. Bill Clinton

Not a rare occurance as you make yourself believe! No I don't think that is right if someone did that like you say they did! but essentially with this law even if people do it right if my dog just so happens to run a deer across your property for the first time in 100 hunts then if I try to catch him then I can get charged. right?

No sir. The way I understand it leave your gun in the truck and you would be fine, stand on my property line with your gun waiting on "your dogs" get fined.

trespassing BECAME the tradition.

ok ok.....thats not so bad. but this law will cause some big time "technical" issues. because there will be ways for some rogue to still do what they been doing but yet still get to shoot at whatever game his/her dog is running. for example if some rogue dumped dogs on your land and ran the deer towards "their" property all they would have to do is cut a road 10 yards paralleling the property boundary. then technically they can't get charged. if nothing else it may keep these guys of the roads some.(because lots of times the property boundary or whatever is a road or lane or something.
    Last edited by 3chunter; 01-17-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    trespassing BECAME the tradition.
    And that there my friends lies the problem. Best statement on this whole fucking thread!

ha! tell yourself that if it helps you sleep better at night....there's still lots of guys that do it right!

As I have stated numerous times on this thread I am not against dog hunting...........just do it right.

Right is right if nobody does it and wrong is wrong if everybody does it!

I agree

The rabbit hunters better wake up as well. I'm not totally opposed to the bill, but it could be worded better. I think it's vague and has loopholes. It needs to be more specific about to how address the rogue hunters which I "think" is the intent.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

We all know this law is an attempt to not address just the "rogue hunters". just the first outside step to abolish dog hunting. if this law is put into place and it stops rogue hunters I am all for it. But I got $1000 in my wallet that says if this law is implemented then one day more laws like this will be passed to accomplish the overall goal of eliminating pursuing game with a dog!

I believe this is a good bill overall, as it keeps trespassers from using the excuse " My dogs can't read and we are 'just' catching our dogs" I do understand the dogs can't read and will get off track on occasion and be on someone else's property. Following to law as I read it is just the right thing to do, to bad a law has to be written to make people do what is "right".