View Poll Results: what kind of mud boat do you use?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • gator trax

12 26.09%
  • go-devil

19 41.30%
  • pro-drive

11 23.91%
  • excel

4 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what kind of mud boat do you have?

Default what kind of mud boat do you have?

just read duckman#1's post on the new excel and it got me thinking what everyone else uses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I have a gator trax rogue 14-38 (forgot to include that in the first post). I love it. I hunt mainly backwater so a big boat isn't necessary. Me and the dog are usually the only occupants.
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

Geaux Boat, second best money ever spent on duck stuff, best was Mud Buddy 23HP Hyperdrive motor. Have used it from Currituck to Arkansas and love the set up. Not one of the top 4 boats, but works perfect for me.
    1st Timothy 1- vs 12-16, my story. Just an ole swamp hunter, never had a corn pond, never will. Dux is Dux.

17x54 Excel w/ a 6000

Quote Originally Posted by Moes Lake View Post
    Geaux Boat, second best money ever spent on duck stuff, best was Mud Buddy 23HP Hyperdrive motor. Have used it from Currituck to Arkansas and love the set up. Not one of the top 4 boats, but works perfect for me.
    you buy the geaux from ned or kevin? also you've been a member for a long time and have less than ten posts? just curious. I have a buddy on here that's been a member for a while and when I asked him where he's been he just replied''life's been busier than the net''.
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

Go-devil. I personaly dont own one but my best friend does and we take it out almost everytime we hit the swamp

1648 GDSD and a 27 GDSD. THink if i had to do it again, I might would get a little smaller one with a 23.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

GT but not for long.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    GT but not for long.
    my buddy says he's buying your gt
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

Go-Devils are the best out there, I have a 31 long tail on a 16ft go-devil boat. It will go anywhere. I have seen more gator trax and mud buddys broke down in the swamp than any othre boats.

can anyone tell me the best thing to do for a frozen throttle cable on a 31gdsd?

I have 1644 Geaux custom with MB 45 on the back. i went for the hunt deck and the best option u can get on a boat.great in the summer and for hunting .those excells are nice, i saw them at the shop last week.
    Last edited by xtremamax; 01-12-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    HRCH UH MASTER MAXIMUS OF THE COOPER SHR
    2010 Boykin Spaniel Society NOVICE
    Field Champion

2013 Boykin Spaniel Society Intermediate Upland
    National Champion

2010 CBSRC NOVICE Dog of the year
    2011 CBSRC INTERMEDIATE Dog of the year
    2011 CRC Upland dog of the year
    2012 CRC Upland dog of the year

HRCH Pocket Full of Shells on the Cooper MH "Rage"
    2012 CRC Finish dog of the year

throttle cables are tough. Spray wd 40 in there to try and displace any water and get some grease to put on the ends of the tube around the cable to try and block water from getting in. Also works good to cover the engine to keep frost and water from getting up there.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

tried wd 40 and also have the cable wrapped with insulation i still have this problem. i guess i can try and cover the engine

bought it from Kevin, have not been on here because of the filthy language, anti SCWA attitudes, and other BS that went on when first signed on, tried it again a few days ago when trying to find owner of duck call I found at WMA, might stay with it this time, might not.
    1st Timothy 1- vs 12-16, my story. Just an ole swamp hunter, never had a corn pond, never will. Dux is Dux.

Quote Originally Posted by Moes Lake View Post
    have not been on here because of anti SCWA attitudes,
    THIS PLACE IS ANTI SCWA???

Why do you like SCWA? I know the bands look cool your lanyard, but other than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Quote Originally Posted by night owl View Post
    can anyone tell me the best thing to do for a frozen throttle cable on a 31gdsd?
    Get a Pro-drive no cable or belt to deal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Night owl, spray WD40 through the cable till it is running out the handle end of cable. That way you know you got all the water out, then take some heavy grease and put a dab on both ends of the cable to seal out the water in the future. Covering the motor will help greatly to.
    Phillipians 4:13

I have a 1538 HD GT rogue with 23 mini LOVE IT, but fixing to add another one to the fleet, a 1751 excel viper hull DB with that new KIK up with a 70 tiller

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    I have a 1538 HD GT rogue with 23 mini LOVE IT, but fixing to add another one to the fleet, a 1751 excel viper hull DB with that new KIK up with a 70 tiller
    You gona keep the rogue and 23 right? I thought you were getting the F-4, what made you change your mind and get the Viper?

How long you think you might keep this rig? I think 3 months tops, then you'll be ready to buy something else!
    Phillipians 4:13