Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Choosing a Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    make sure you keep it unloaded- i do NOT recommend this advice... an unloaded handgun is not worth a damn day to day. I also do NOT recommend an empty chamber.

You will never "need" a handgun until you NEED IT VERY BADLY-- and then there is probably no time/ability to load it or cycle it or whatever.

The key is to ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY that comes with owning and carrying a handgun and act appropriately. If it is not on your person it is under lock and key.

CONDER29020- sorry brother but the problem there was NOT the curious child but the father getting a true case of the serious dumbass. He should thank God every day that such a stupid move did not cost him more than a hole in his truck.

exactly......... on both points!!!

make sure you keep it unloaded- i do NOT recommend this advice... an unloaded handgun is not worth a damn day to day. I also do NOT recommend an empty chamber.

You will never "need" a handgun until you NEED IT VERY BADLY-- and then there is probably no time/ability to load it or cycle it or whatever.

The key is to ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY that comes with owning and carrying a handgun and act appropriately. If it is not on your person it is under lock and key.

I SECOND THIS!

tru tru, live and learn i guess.
    JW is the age limit to purchase a pistol 21 now or 18?

I am aware that the smaller the gun the less confortable it will be. But I am compairing the two agianst each other. I do plan on getting a larger gun after a while, but being that I just graduated from Coastal Carolina in December and being I haven't found a job yet since I got laid off in September (due to cut backs), my funds are running low and I think I would rather have a small pocket pistol right now and hopefully by the end of the year I can look at getting something bigger.
    "I'm pretty sure there will be duck-hunting in heaven and I can't wait!" - Gov. Mike Huckabee

tradorion Coots

hearing your words and reading between the lines.... one gun stands out in my mind for you- versatility, ease of carry, range of ammo, decent to shoot

Smith and Wesson 442/642 38 hammerless snubnose- i carry the 442 with rounds made specifically for performance out of the short barrel...

hearing your words and reading between the lines.... one gun stands out in my mind for you- versatility, ease of carry, range of ammo, decent to shoot

Smith and Wesson 442/642 38 hammerless snubnose- i carry the 442 with rounds made specifically for performance out of the short barrel...
    Excellent choice. 135 grain +P "Short Barrel" Gold Dots are in my various J Frames. It is building an excellent track record.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

CONDER29020- sorry brother but the problem there was NOT the curious child but the father getting a true case of the serious dumbass. He should thank God every day that such a stupid move did not cost him more than a hole in his truck.
    Amen brother. It might be hard to cycle a round while you are fighting for your life and are doing good just to get a hand on your weapon.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Get a sawed off and put some buck in it, they aint walkin away from that....they may limp off with a 9 in em, this day an age if your slingin fire you better knock em off with one shot...the second shot your a ruthless killer and the liberals will have you locked up in minimum security with a shrink and rehab, and you only get three meals a day and 4hrs of TV,........... and if you only shoot once and dont kill em they can sue your ass! BOTH TRUE....I seen it on the satellite. Even had it tivo'd till shark week needed more space.