Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any "Classic Boat" Lovers? (Pics/Short Story)

I wasn't talkin about the Grady. The Wellcrafts name?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I wasn't talkin about the Grady. The Wellcrafts name?
    Knotty Boyz.

I NEED to get SOMEONE to do it SOON!

Suggestions?

In town Colt or Little Tommy.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Knotty Boyz.

I NEED to get SOMEONE to do it SOON!

Suggestions?

"Knotty Boyz" is too gay you can do better that. The Wellcraft is too good lookin of a boat for a gay name.

Fast Signs is a good place to have vinyl letters made...they can email you a "test template" for your approval.

Where is "Fast Signs"?

And the "Knotty Boyz" has to do with me and my kid. It has some meaning... Sorry it if sounds "gay" to you, but that's probably what she'll be.

It's either that, or "Boat Drinks" (in honor of Buffett and also the alcohol consumed while on board). But, most likely, it's still gonna be "Knotty Boyz".
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 01-14-2010 at 11:46 PM.

I got a suggestion: Knotty boyS. (The "z" will be out of style before the boat.)

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    I got a suggestion: Knotty boyS. (The "z" will be out of style before the boat.)

LOL, yeah, I thought about that, too.

I hear ya on the name USMC. If the name means something to you and your kid then thats all that really matters. I'm in the boat business and I see ALOT of "knotty" this an thats....

If ya need a hand with the project boat let me know...I really enjoy bringing those classics back to life. If anything I'm really good at drinkin beer and supervising!

I'm not sure if there is a"Fast Signs" in Camden or not but there is one here in Irmo, off of Harbison. (behind the Olive Garden and Outback) I send all my customers there for boat #s, transom names....you can pick out the color, font, and size and they can eamil you a "test" template. There # is 803-781-2229....ask for Rose....she's a super nice lady.

Dave -- I may take you up on the "hand" idea as I don't have the foggiest clue in hell as how to strip/sand/refinish/etc a boat. You drinkin' beer telling me what to do may actually be helpful.

As far as Fast Signs go, do they apply the graphics as well? I ain't gonna attemt such a feat.

I will also need someone to make me some "decorative" Grady stickers, too.

USMC, don't hesitate to contact me when you get ready. As far as the graphics, I think they will apply them for you but don't waste the $$$. Its pretty easy....I put them on my customers boats all the time....however there are a couple of tricks to do it right. They can also make you Grady graphics....If you can dream it up and scratch it out on a piece of paper....I feel sure they can make it. Also, my fiberglass/gelcoat tech lives in Camden. He would be the one to lean on for the strip/sand/refinish. The key to that work is to take your time as it is really tedious work. Hell man, twist my rubber arm to drink some beer and tell someone what to do!! Seriouly, let me know if ya need some help....be glad to give a hand!

I'd like to be there to see this. Hey, Silver give me a call when you get close because you and I could probably exchange services if you learn something. I think I could also bring something to help motivate ya'll. (none of this really sounds right)
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-16-2010 at 12:35 PM.

Well, the boat's gone. And sadly I made a few dimes off it it.