Thread: New Ruger "Watch Pocket" Pistol .180 ACP

Default New Ruger "Watch Pocket" Pistol .180 ACP

I gotta get one of these - 1/2 MOA at 100 yards from a 1.25" bbl, 1400 fps

http://www.realguns.com/archives/192.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

That is insane off horseback........amazing. Haha that description is hilarious.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 12-18-2009 at 10:19 AM.

great read....

Will it succeed?
    Absolutely. The SSCP and .180 ACP are new products and the public is bored. Europeans will love this gun. It's green, it's not mean and it is not capable of doling out capital punishment. I only had a couple of problems with the gun. It has virtually no report, so to avoid paying an NFA tax as the owner of a silenced gun, I am required to shout "Bang!" at a minimum of 82dB each time I squeeze off a shot. There is no recoil so, once or twice, the combination of no report, no recoil and an inability to penetrate 20 lb paper, left me unsure as to whether of not the gun had actually discharged. I mean, if a gun goes off in the forest and nobody hears it...

Neat little gun, but what is the purpose. Looks too small to actually kill something. If it is for personal protection .....I want something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Neat little gun, but what is the purpose. Looks too small to actually kill something. If it is for personal protection .....I want something bigger.
    That whole article is for shits and giggles. There is no ruger 180acp coming out.

"We did switch from 20LB to 10LB target paper to assure penetration, however, during sustained fire from behind a barricade, while riding on horseback and at the apex arc of a tire swing, the gun performed ...admirably, producing ½" MOA six shot groups at 100 yards."
    Last edited by dfasano; 12-18-2009 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    it says you can put a DPMS .308 AR type upper on it, that should be enough to protect yourself.....

SO HOW FAR DID YALL HAVE TO READ BEFORE YOU REALIZED IT WAS BULLSHIT.... I GOT THO THIS PART..

We did switch from 20LB to 10LB target paper to assure penetration, however, during sustained fire from behind a barricade, while riding on horseback and at the apex arc of a tire swing, the gun performed ...admirably, producing ½" MOA six shot groups at 100 yards

FHF, YOU DONT NEED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION....

dds -same spot...

nice... i have to have some.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Justin Case, Ruger's Vice President of Marketing and Trade Show Collateral Material, jumped in with both feet and possibly one hand, "We introduced that little SP101 chambered for the .327 Federal and that sold out. We introduced the little LCP in .380 ACP and that sold out. The trend is obvious, Americans want...no, they demand ever smaller guns and the new 0.180" caliber will certainly give them something to think about.
    The .180 ACP was actually the brainchild of Sid Moses Browning, John's second cousin, twice removed. He had intended to tool up to manufacturer an autoloader based on his second cousin, twice removed, John's design, but he was a little absent minded and forgot.

"With only 1.4 grains of case capacity to work with, John concocted a blend of Alliant Blue Dot and hydrazine but, unfortunately, the compound caused it to rain whenever it was tested in the lab. Eventually the Blue Dot was discarded, the hydrazine was discarded and velocities of 1,200 fps for a 28 grain FMJ bullet and 1,400 fps for a 20 grain hollow point bullet load were attained with a small rifle magnum primer and one medium size pop rock. "
    BWahahahaa
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."