Thread: mud motor

Default mud motor

i want to buy a mud motor but i dont know which one to buy. also if i should sell my outboard trade it in buy a new boat and motor or what. anyone got any ideas? i have a 17.5 side console g3.

I beleive all brands make a side console version, but you will lose some performance going that route. I would recomend getting a true mud boat to go wit hthe motor that way you ge the best preformance and it will last longer also.

PM on the way also.
    Phillipians 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Runner View Post
    mud motors suck
    i agree!

x3
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

mud buddy call low country mud buddy 843-412-5537

i have a mud rig and am actually more excited about my new triton with the 40. Can't wait to get it painted and the cmc mounted.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I had a mud motor once.....Sucked goat nuts! Love my outboard too much to do that again. still have it on my avatar, need to change it soon.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

why do mud motors suck so bad? im getting mixed reviews about them.

It really comes down to what you NEED! If you have to go through extremely shallow water and a bunch of lily pads or millfoil in a deep swamp, I would definitely look at a mud motor. If you're going to use the boat to hunt ducks and fish, stay with an outboard. If you're going to be out in an open marsh hands down the best rig would be an airboat. I've seen a lot of hunters spend money they don't have to just because they want a mud motor because they think it makes them "more of a duck hunter." You're the only one that can truthfully determine if you need one or not.

i wouldnt even ride in someone elses mud rig. they are highly over rated

I had a mudbuddy for a few years and got rid of it this year for a yamaha. Mud motors are great for some places, but theres a whole lot more places where an outboard is ideal. It all depends on where you hunt the most.