Thread: WTB Kayak

Default WTB Kayak

Been looking at kayaks. Looked at a wilderness adventures and liked it. Found an Old Town catalog that has an interesting new model. The Ambush. It's kind of a kayak, canoe combo Anybody here ever use one? I want to use watever I get to duck hunt, fish and float the Edisto occasionaly. Maybe an overnight trip or two. Any suggestions?
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

check out native watercraft ultimate 12
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Wilderness systems 12 footer is what I had. Sold to Jp.

For duck hunting I would be looking for a sit in kayak.

For fishing I liked my sit on top

for a trip- a sit in would be nice to stay dry, but a sit on top offers optimal storage.

That's from my first and experience
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

I just bought a Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5 this week. Cat's ass....
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Death eatin' a biscuit....

Damn it son
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Dicks has got a few really good after Thanksgiving deals for the weekend on yaks I do believe. Check em out
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I have a regular 9 foot islander that's a sit in, i paid like $265 for, love duck hunting out of it and can go in just a few inches of water.

Thanks everybody,

I went to Dick's last night. They had some good deals, just not what I was looking for. I found out about a place in Florence that sells, Native Watercraft and Wilderness Systems so I hope to check them out soon. Both of those companies have yaks that look like what I want, at least the pictues do anyway. I'll know it when I see the right one.

Thanks again
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Try River Runners on Gervais Street in Columbia. Ask for Jesse. They are right next to the Blue Marlin.

My first was a WS Cape Horn sit in. Switched to the WS Tarpon 160 sit on. The sit in was too tight for me with a bad knee and fat gut. Owned a few other sit ons before deciding the Tarpon was the one. Descent stability and quick. The length aids in speed and tracking, but she's a little tough to turn without some room or a rudder. The one thing I hate above all else is built in footwells. They suck, suck, suck, and I only wear a size 11. Buy something with adjustable pegs or rests. Love those Native Watercraft too.
    Last edited by pub spears; 11-29-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: sp
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    check out native watercraft ultimate 12
    x2 on that...I love my native Ultimate. You can stand up in it, hunt out of it, fish out of it...you name it

NAtive also has a camo dodger system that fits into the track that runs down the side. Great accessory options. Wilderness just came out with camo as a color but it is just mixed green and brown plastic in the mold. Looks better than a solid color just do not expect to have a name brand (Mossy Oak, Advantage etc. ) Type look to it.

The Pungo 120 or 140 comes with a sweet accessory tray in the '08 and newer models. That is a sweet feature for hunting. I have the trays available as accessories (Seperate from the whole package) so if you get an older one that you find a good deal on PM me and I can see what my cost is on them.

I am in Hilton Head and have a used 120 Tarpon from WS for sale at my work. PM me if interested.
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

i fixed my kayak up last spring it looks pretty good. i use a cotton fabric that was camo and then put it on the kayak with epoxy resin from west marine or lowes. it turned out really good very durable if you tell me how to put a picture up here i will

Have you looked @ buying from a summer camp? We got our daughter an $800 DAGGER, with spray skirt, hip/back pads, storage bags & gizmos for $225. Kayak was in great shape & had been well maintained.
    “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” - Dr. Seuss

whats the price like on one of those natives?
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>