Thread: Swing Set

Default Swing Set

Thinking about building the kids a swing and slide combo- I have figured out you can buy hardware and slides online - Just wondered if anyone had
    crossed this bridge that was willing to share good tips to make my life easier.

tradorion Coots

buy the kit, buy a keg, call your friends.... nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by tradorion View Post
    buy the kit, buy a keg, call your friends.... nuff said.

X'2

I would also recommend attaching it to the ground also. I was cutting grass one day and hooked my little girls and it fell over on me. I thought I was going to die in my own backyard. Hers is made out of 4x4 and a 6x4 for the top rail. Needless to say I made it to where I don't have to drive the mower through there anymore.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

There is a wide range of prices on these kits (wood) - which one did yall get?

i bought plans from boozer lumber in cola(now closed). bought the lumber and went to work. took a few days but it turned out alright. i am the worlds worst woodworker.

my kids love the thing and use it more than anything else i have ever given them.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

oh, i had about $400 in the whole thing. buying one already built was something like $1000.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Thanks - I am not seeing a kit in that 400 range so I think I am going to order the brackets, bolts, swings and slide then go pick up treated SYP. This route will run around the 400 mark-

I built a really nice swing set for my kids out of 5 4x6s. Just sink two at each end, sandwiching the fifth overhead as the crosspiece. put a couple of spacers at ground level. Use bolts to assemble. Nice looking, cheap, last forever. Swings and slide sold seperately.

Where are you located? They are not complicated, I'll help for food and beer.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

I bought the plans, hardware, wood, and slide from Lowes. It took a weekend with 2-3 guys helping. It's a good idea to go ahead and cut all the wood before you start. Compressor and nail guns help a ton, especially when driving the lag bolts. The one I built has a clubhouse with a slide & rock wall, 2 swings, rings and a trapeze bar.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

I have an old swing set that I have taken apart in my yard. It is the wooden type with 4 x 4's that make a v and you attach the cross piece(I am not sure of the size but it is large). The set has room for 4 swings. You would need new bolts and screws but it could reassembeled pretty quick and easy. Give me a call 843-270-9670 if you are interested.

Jdpc - Thanks for that offer - if it gets too pricey I might give you a call - I am gonna try to get them a new set up because the oldest is 2 + so I figure it is going to get 12 years of abuse. I do think the SYP treated will last a little longer in the weather than the redwood - I know the old Boozer sets were made with SYP but like gbelly said all good things must come to an end. Cusportman - I am a little ride south in Calhoun - I got your food and beer too -