Thread: high tide ?

Default high tide ?

Thinking of moving my gas tank to under the front deck of my super v. Wndering if any of you have done that before. I've got a 12 gallon tank and have got to measure it and see if it will fit. Thinking of cutting where the access hatch is and slide the tank under. Trying to get some of the weight out of the back of the boat.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I think it is a great idea if you run with a full tank all the time.

Problem is, the more you run, the lighter it is. The lighter it is, the less weight you have in the front. I like consistency. When I open the throttle, I want the same response everytime. Put your batteries up there. Fuel in the back where it wont make that much of a difference in the way she rides.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You could cut the access hatch wider and replace it with an aftermarket, also need to think about a fill spout, you dont want to have to pull it out all the time. For me, that would be a disaster, i like to keep all the weight out of the nose i can, I cant lift my nose enough as is. That and I' only have a 6 gal tank.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life