Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost deer

Default Lost deer

My dad went and sat in the stand while i worked on my new stand and shot 4 point but i believe he hit him in the shoulder. I went down there and he said he couldnt find blood. But i found blood not 1 yard from the corn pile he just cant see. Well i would tavel and looses it and then back track and pick it back up again it was little tiny drops and he said the arrow was still in him so i have came to the conclusion that he had a bad shot in the shoulder. I could keep picking up the blood trail in the daylight but when it got dark it was hard to find them little drops and my maglight needs some new batteries and id bought some but my brother took them.

by the way he was shooting the bow.

pineisland i hope you and dear old dad can find that shoulder shot deer. then i hope you kick your brothers ass for stealing the batteries to your maglight. you are a funny sumbitch.
    \"Go to Know\"

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    pineisland you are a funny sumbitch.
    Agreed!

post #1 : arrow still in shoulder

post #2 by the way he was shooting the bow

All kidding aside hope you find the deer.

is this dave?
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

i too hope yall find the deer.

tell your dad to give them a break, build the stands and let you whack one.

damn

I guess we can close your last thread about the unbelievable rage broadheads your dad shoots. So much for the huge holes and blood trails that Ray Charles could follow. A mis-hit is a mis-hit.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

if it was not for the lost deer...i would call this post of the month.

you there dave?

yeah im gonna finish the stand hopefully 2 marra got a great place set up for it and im ready to stick one. Im gonna go down there after school 2marra and try to find the blood trail again. I atleast want that broadhead back. The rages are still a good broadhead its the shooter that sucks.

I still think you would be better off with a better penetrating head. I hope yall dont lose a big deer with those Rage's
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Idk im gonna let him test another one and if it dont work out ill use the G5;s

That sounds like the best idea you have had in a long time- leave those rages on the shelf!!! They are great if the stars align and the shot is perfect but montec or muzzys or slick tricks keep on diggin for blood....anything but the rage!

nothing wrong with the rage head it cant do its job if u dont stick it where your supposed too, just as with any head...

but anyways hope yall find him!!!!!

yeah dads shot wasnt falt with the head but with the placment he cant half see idk how he even hits the durn thing.lol he need contacts.

Dear Pine,

I think it's time for us to meet. I could try to teach you the foreign language called English.

You could teach me to build deer stands and to hunt. It would be similar to the book/movie "of mice and men" only you would be the smarter one.

And hopefully the ending would be better.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by PineIsland View Post
    by the way he was shooting the bow.
    Let me guess. He was shooting one of those bad ass, expanded kill zone,like throwing an axe through the animal broadheads called Rage, that you were bragging on.

News flash.......a field point will kill a deer in the breadbasket. It's shoulder shots that separate the men from the boys.

No blood= no exit hole and poor penetration, which they are famous for.

I watched that movie. I need to take some pics of the stand when i get it done. i had to build everythign even the seat. I took some plyboard and foam out of a matress and some 2x4 and made a nice seat with the back at a slight angle fro comfort and a brace to keep all the weight off the screws that are straight in. It def. and going no where. I made the seat camo had some old camo shirts i keep when they rip or something cause i always use the material.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Let me guess. He was shooting one of those bad ass, expanded kill zone,like throwing an axe through the animal broadheads called Rage, that you were bragging on.

News flash.......a field point will kill a deer in the breadbasket. It's shoulder shots that separate the men from the boys.

No blood= no exit hole and poor penetration, which they are famous for.
    Ive seen Montec G5's hit a deer in the shoulder with a Mathews outback 70lb draw wieght did the exact same thing but with even less blood. So im not going to say they are a piece of crap yet. Just a bad shot. By the way yesturday we had a contest me and my dad shooting pears. i won 2-0. thought i would share that.

dscmb, meet your apprentice.