Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Columbia DU General Banquet: 10/1/09

Default Columbia DU General Banquet: 10/1/09

It's time for our Annual General Banquet.

Location: Carolina Walk - Rooftop (between the Farmer's Market and the University House across from the Stadium).
    Date: Thursday, 10/1
    Time: Doors open at 5:30pm
    Admission: $50 single / $75 couple

Silent and Live Auctions, raffles and more.

Live entertainment.

Catered by Lizard's Thicket.

Will be a good time. For more information send me a PM or e-mail joseph.tyler@Ricoh-usa.com

Please come out and support the organization that has conserved/preserved/enhanced over 150,000 acres (and counting) in SC!

Look forward to seeing y'all there!
    Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    I had a sales guy lock my keys in my truck on a friday afternoon at 5 pm...and told me to call a locksmith. i almost knocked his teeth out.
    Columbia DU Volunteer & member / supporter of Delta and FF

Tomorrow's the day! Come on out and enjoy a wonderful evening of fellowship and fundraising!

Look forward to seeing y'all there, please track me down and introduce yourself so I can put some faces with screen names.
    I had a sales guy lock my keys in my truck on a friday afternoon at 5 pm...and told me to call a locksmith. i almost knocked his teeth out.

I will be there, Ty!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hope yall have a good one TY!
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

I absolutely can't wait! This is a totally different venue, menu, setup, "agenda," order, etc. I'm anxious to get feedback from y'all - guys who've been attending the Columbia General Banquet for the past several years.

Thank you for the replies and e-mails/PMs!

See you fellas tomorrow!

PS. The committee has been busting their tails for the past 12 weeks putting this thing together! I've been blown away by their dedication, passion and hard work. I hope and pray that our supporters/patrons notice that and give a pat on the back to the folks you see wearing a DU Committee Member shirt. Hat's off to the committee... namely a couple guys on this site. I'm surprised their bosses haven't called me yet wondering why they've been leaving work early for so long !

Good luck tonight, Ty! I hope the new ideas, venue, menu and such proves to be a good move. Fresh ideas and drastic changes are generally a good thing for mature chapter banquets. Let us know how it goes.

John
    North Strand Chapter Chairman
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Thank you to those who showed up to support the ducks! While not as heavily attended as last year we expected that. From what I saw/heard it was enjoyed by all: the band was a hit, the food was excellent and the auctioneer (Chris Easler - who I highly recommend) did his thing! It was tough getting everything set up and in place by 5:30pm, but the committee made it happen!

Again, thank you to those who came to the event and thank you to the committee for making it happen!

WOOHOO. good times, ty. Personally, i think the band, food, and venue was perfect. How do you get more folks in the door? I have no answer for that one...

and I won a gun! thanks to squatty for the help. he held my card and it got drawn!

I'll give you $5 for it cash money.

I was working about a block away and thought of you guys... lol
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

2th did you win the 887? Somebody on here, think SanteeDuckKiller, was looking to buy one if your not interested in keeping it.
    Last edited by TennDan; 10-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.

that was the least Squatty could do after the turkey season debacle!??
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

no shit, chuck. kid owed me.

I won some kind of "tristar" over under.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    no shit, chuck. kid owed me.

I won some kind of "tristar" over under.
    I can't believe you're giving squatty credit for that!

Thank you again for coming out! The next event (November 5th) is for you and our other Sponsors. It will be similar in scope...

Will be held atop the Meridian Building (rooftop), same band but Blue Marlin is catering. We're expecting about 100 Sponsors to attend. It will be a good time.

Thanks for the advice and replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    that was the least Squatty could do after the turkey season debacle!??
    Debacle! WTF do you know. You cry over a band that you claim to have shot that's around somebody else's lanyard. If I knew I shot a band it would be in my possession. There's your debacle!

Dang right I get credit. I said "Let me hold one of those cards so I can bring you some luck. He handed me the card and I said this is the winner!"
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 10-05-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

It was a damn dove junior and besides I thought I was helping him out by letting him work his dog some to get the bird. Little did I know. Course that stuff wont happen agian.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You're still crying about it though ain't 'ya.

If you would have had any damn balls you would have taken the damn band, it's your's right? Actually the tale I've been told says you can't shoot worth shit. Least I had the precision to shoot the turkey's beard off and let him live!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    Dang right I get credit. I said "Let me hold one of those cards so I can bring you some luck. He handed me the card and I said this is the winner!"
    BUT! 2fer gave me his $50 to get three chances at the gun. I told him I would get him a winning ticket, and I did!

It wouldn't have won if I didn't hold onto it

You and I should take a barrel each.