Thread: flounda stickin, again...

Default flounda stickin, again...

went out last night for a few hours to try for a few flounder.... this is only the second time i have been in my boat and we did pretty well i think..... ended up with 8 flounder, a small black drum and a TRIPLE TAIL..... 2 flounder were 22" the rest were average.... plenty of bait! but that high tide had a lot of places muddy....

highlight of the night was shooting the triple tail.... he got tangled up in some structure. i tried to sling him around it and into the boat and when i did his bottom fin stabbed into my ancle about an inch deep!.... yea, it hurt a little last night, but this morning i could barely put any weight on it... hopefully it doesnt get infected.......

btw, how rare is it to shoot a triple tail inshore?>

nice. dont usually go on flood tides for the extra muddiness that it causes.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    nice. dont usually go on flood tides for the extra muddiness that it causes.
    it wasnt too bad tho.... the damn 1,000,000,000,000 mullet swimming in front of the boat was way more agravating than the muddy water

nice stickin!

Adam,
    Get a shot of something for your ankle. Only the Good Lord knows what kind of infection that fish could be carrying. A sail cat stuck a fellow I know of in the knee, he almost lost his leg by the time the doc's were done with him.

Nice shooting tho!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Triple tail spine that deep,that is left untreated will spell big trouble.

i have been putting alot of neosporins creme on it, and i think its gonna be alright. im gonna keep a close eye on it... i couldnt put any weight on it yesterday morning, and it was sore and a little swolen all day... this morning its not swolen very much at all and doesnt really hurt at all..... its not very red around it or anything.....

im gonna watch it close tho, the first time i think somethings up, im goin to the doc... i had a buddy step on a catfish fin and it went through his shoe and into his heal, he ended up having to have it cut open and scraped out...