Thread: Still knockin'em down!

Default Still knockin'em down!

Went bottom fishing yesterday. Left Shem Creek a little after 7:00 with a full load in my little boat, myself and three others. Met an awesome ocean when we broke the rocks and ran around 32mph most of the day, nice smoothe swells. Stopped off at 70' and didn't really do squat so I pushed on out to 100' and started knockin'em down. Caught only a few bsb's but the ones we caught were gorillas, limit of b-liners, some of the biggest white grunts I've ever seen, a few stinky pinkies, several ARS, about 4 small gags that wouldn't measure, and TRIGGERS! I have never caught so many trigger fish in my life! We were covered up with them. Caught more triggers than anything else. I don't understand. ??? Then came the kicker fish. Set out a drift line and caught 3 out of 5 kings while bottom fishing. It was crazy fighting these fish with 3 others on my little boat, it was funny watchin' all these beer drinkers dance around the boat clearing stuff out of the way. Headed back in at 10-5:00 and the wind picked up and got a little snotty. Nasty ride in. My buddy decided to use my windshield as a handle and broke that almost in half. Then I took spray in the face for the last 45 minutes of the ride in. Tied up at Red's for a few rounds and headed home. Full day. Had a blast.

When I was younger I always used to hear that practice makes perfect. Later I heard that nobody's perfect. So, I just stopped practicing.

nice.

you're getting better.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

nice

One day I'll have to learn how to catch fish in less than 100' of water. Some day I'd like to catch up with you Stretch and catch a few in a foot or less. When I stick my reef anchor and lose it, I'm callin' you to go down and get it.
    When I was younger I always used to hear that practice makes perfect. Later I heard that nobody's perfect. So, I just stopped practicing.

Is that one of those endangered red snappas'
    easy livin'

Nice work.

I hear those triggers will bit the hell out of you if you are diving near their spawning nest...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

What size boat?

What size boat? you ask, 12ft boston whaler!!! hahahaha no just kidding, way to go Superfly I want to be just like you if I ever grow up.........
    \"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I\'m all out of bubble gum.\"<br />\"Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.\"

Love me some trigger...definitely one of my favorites....

I got a brother in Myrtle Beach that will build you a curtain to keep that spray off your face. Cost of materials and teach me to blow a duck call,that's front shield to a t-top if that's what you have, if not just keep your mouth closed and you wont drown.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Thanks for the offer mudflat, I might take you up on that. I got a bunch of material (lexan) at work and I'll probably just fab a new one up myself. I appreciate it though. My little boat is a tank, I just need to add a little more bubble gum and tape and I'll "steam" to the ledge for sails.