Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NWTF Rumors

Go to our website. It's all on there. We have helped purchase almost 500,000 acres in the past 10 years.

We're helping the DNR buy a bunch of land up near Laurens right now.

Anyone in the mountains familiar with Jocassee Gorge? Anyone know where the Donnelly or WeeTee Bottoms WMAs are? Go see who helped purchase those parcels.....yep the NWTF!

We also hold thousands of acres of conservation easements that restrict development. We are protecting our high quality uplands just like DU does for wetlands.

What is keeping us from doing more??? More dedicated volunteers and funding. We need your help with both.
    Last edited by ECOPREDATOR; 08-07-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Eco,
    Thanks for the answer. And like everyone said, you're doing a great job here in this thread. Kudos bro!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Thanks Eco for the answers and concerns, please focus on habitat aquisition and improvement. Not too many people want you blasting a longbeard in their subdivision, which unfortunatly is what has happened to most of SC. Damn yankees

Point of origin aside (I'm a hillbilly from NC),:redneck: if we don't start protecting some forest land pretty soon in the SE we'll ALL be hunting on National Forests cause that'll be the only place left!!!! AND we better start pushing active forest management harder than we ever have before.

Here are just a few figures from UGA that will make your head spin.....

- Urban and suburban development has contributed greatly to habitat loss in Georgia. From 1992 to 1997 approximately 1,053,200 acres in Georgia were converted from open space to developed land; this represents the third largest loss of undeveloped acreage in the nation.(this number is expected to more than double by 2010, however this economic downswing may just save a few acres....I guess there's always a silver lining....)

- Total timberland area in Georgia is projected to decline from 23.5 to 21.8 million acres by the year 2030.

- Pine plantation acres in Georgia are projected to increase from 4.72 million acres to 7.17 acres by the year 2030. (Unmanaged pine plantations aren't much good for anything that doesn't eat pine needles, ACTIVE forest management is CRUCIAL!!)

- Naturally regenerated pine acres in Georgia are projected to decrease from 6.97 to 3.14 million acres by the year 2030.
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

To all those interested in attending we have some potential dates. Either Tues or Thurs next week or any day except Monday the following week.

Still working out all the details.

Did anyone want to suggest a location? Looks like maybe 10-12 people?

Not sure where or what Salty's is, but I'm game if it's the spot.

Let me know and we'll pinpoint a date on Monday. Trying to get one of our staff to commit to a date....

Does A Steve Walters work for NWTF??

tradorion Coots

SALTY's Tuesday (is that Tues the 18th or Tues the 25th??) and what time??

Steve worked for us about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm not sure what he's doing now.

Trad, not sure on the date and time yet. Should have a solid time tomorrow. Where is Salty's???
    Last edited by ECOPREDATOR; 08-16-2009 at 08:25 PM.

tradorion Coots

SALTY NUTZ has the coldest beer and the biggest deck in 5 Points... its the semi-official SCDUCKS Beer Bust and Socialization Establishment...

We often gather there when someone sounds off and thinks its time to drink together and talk trash.

I am in town this Tues-Wed and next Mon-Tues- hopefuly one of those fits.

Quote Originally Posted by ECOPREDATOR View Post
    - Naturally regenerated pine acres in Georgia are projected to decrease from 6.97 to 3.14 million acres by the year 2030.
    That'll be a tough idea to sell right there by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    That'll be a tough idea to sell right there by itself.
    What are we selling?

Should have a date and time today for our little get together. Trying to get one more staff person to commit.

I have an idea that soemone should make sure Rob knows we will be in attendance. Not your normal SCDUCKS get together.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

tradorion Coots

whats not normal about it??

SCDUCKers will be in attendance- we will consume alcohol and eat some food and hit on his waitresses....

Might even discuss some NWTF, SCDNR, SDCUCKS, DELTA, DU, SCWA Issues, Rumors, Gossip, and Innuendo....

What's unusual about that??
    Last edited by tradorion; 08-17-2009 at 06:43 AM.

I expect people will be there to learn something. Everything else goes.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Didn't even know this was published till I stumbled upon it.......

http://thetandd.com/columns/?p=1267

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I just want to throw my name out their for spokesperson. I have the personality and know how. Ill even do it for half of waddells salary!
    Thanks,

P.s. I will even make the nwtf my priority so you won't have to worry about me having a reality show and all that to deal with.

It's a solid money making brand name... you figure someone would eventually step in and turn it around to make a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by 3chunter View Post
    I just want to throw my name out their for spokesperson. I have the personality and know how. Ill even do it for half of waddells salary!
    Thanks,

P.s. I will even make the nwtf my priority so you won't have to worry about me having a reality show and all that to deal with.
    It's been a while since I laughed at something on here...
    Last edited by Fish; 02-24-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It's been a while since I laughed at something on here...

Seriously? Don't make me dig up my vasectomy post again.

yep...and in 59 more posts, you can sell something you won at one of 'em.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.