Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NWTF Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by ECOPREDATOR View Post
    I'm the Assistant Vice President of Conservation Programs.

I'm pretty qualified I guess.....

I have nothing to hide and I don't mind educating yall about the NWTF as long as you are willing to listen.

Sounds like we've done a damn poor job up until now.
    Sorry, that wasn't a stab at your position.

Yet, we are on the internet, and tomorrow, I could be posting as the Vice President of Clemson University.

My point was to receive the information from someone set at NWTF to answer those questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

If you called here they (our receptionist) would send you to me or someone who works for me.

And I didn't take it wrong.

The internet and especially message boards are about the worst place on earth for misinformation......
    Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)

If you called here they (our receptionist) would send you to me or someone who works for me.

And I didn't take it wrong.

The internet and especially message boards are about the worst place on earth for misinformation......
    10-4
    Dexter GETS IT!

Thank you for coming here and representing your organization Ecopredator.

Here is the site you previously mentioned and one that I had not heard of.

www.takebackthenwtf.com

I've been on the board for a long time. I just did most of my posting on the dog section. Glad I could clear up a few misconceptions about the NWTF. Hope it has helped.

Take Back the NWTF was founded by supporters of the folks who left under bad circumstances. I hate that it went down that way. I really expected folks of that caliber to handle the situation better.

Like I said earlier "don't believe everything you read on the internet!".

If we're losing our non-profit status I may need a job. Any one want to hire a washed up old wildlife biologist who would rather be dog training????
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

I knew at one time that there was a faction that wanted to head the direction I mentioned, but I must admit through pure long term induced apathy I have made no effort to follow up and find out just what the NWTF has been up to. Did you ever fill the GIS position?

We're getting it back on course. We just had a short detour! Maybe just ran off the shoulder for a minute......

On the GIS guy...

We ended up contracting a grad student to do some of our GIS work and doing the rest in house with my existing staff.

We'll prolly end up hiring the grad student once he gets finished with all his class work.

The position is technically still open. Got anyone in mind?

A friend who's on your side called me to see if I would apply for it, but I didn't. 85 miles one way and I have no interest in living in Edgefield so I politely declined.

People bitching about banquets just seem childish to me. If the chance to win a gun is the only reason you give money and attend then I think your focus is off. If that were the only reason to support conservation groups then God help the Flyway Foundation.

All I ask in return for my membership and banquet sponsorship/donation are a few turkeys to listen to and shoot each year. Anything beyond that is just gravy. I understand these items are donated and written off by the people who donate them but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to dial all the material shit back a bit.

You get rid of the beer truck and I'll come down there and pick Abernathy up by the ankles and beat you to death with him.

I still believe the biologist and those in the dirt have their hearts in the right place and are doing good work. The suits, although a necessary evil, can pack sand.

Now that that has been said. What is the deal with the NWTF taking over the planting and rotation of the wildlife plots at the LBL? I'd like some more info on that if you can provide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I understand these items are donated and written off by the people who donate them but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to dial all the material shit back a bit.
    You might want to research where banquets get their auction goods from...

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Help me out then because I've always thought they were donated items. I'll be the first to tell you I don't actually know first hand and have just always assumed.

There's that word again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    True..........

The suits, although a necessary evil, can pack sand.
    Could not agree more........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Yall are wearing me out!

Come up to Edgefield and buy me a cerveza at the Mexican joint and I'll have yall running for the Board of Directors by the end of the night!

You get rid of the beer truck and I'll come down there and pick Abernathy up by the ankles and beat you to death with him.
    I'd pay to see that.....

I still believe the biologist and those in the dirt have their hearts in the right place and are doing good work. The suits, although a necessary evil, can pack sand.
    I've got a Masters in Wildlife, but now I'm on the Executive Staff. Am I a suit or a biologist? I am a professional chufaologist and kill more stuff than small pox if that helps any.....

What is the deal with the NWTF taking over the planting and rotation of the wildlife plots at the LBL? I'd like some more info on that if you can provide it.
    That is true. We signed a contract with the USFS to manage ALL of the open lands on Land Between the Lakes. We contract local farmers to do all the planting (food plots, corn, beans, sorghum, and native grasses). It helps us support a fulltime biologist out there and we don't have all the red tape that the feds encountered with contracts etc. A big win-win for wildlife.

We're doing stuff like that all over the place...not that anyone knows about it!!! We seem to be the best kept secret in town until something bad happens! Ain't that the way things work though???

Help me out then because I've always thought they were donated items. I'll be the first to tell you I don't actually know first hand and have just always assumed.

There's that word again.
    Let me clarify this too.

Some items for the banquets are donated. However, the bulk of the banquet items come from the core package. The "core" package is actually provided by the NWTF and many of those items come from China. I know, I know, that's a really dirty word. Check to see where the other NGO's (DU, PF, RMEF) get their stuff, same place. It's a matter of supply, demand and economics. There are very few US companies that make items in bulk for a reasonable price. We hate it, but that's the facts.

We are trying to find sources for banquet items in the states and have asked ALL of our chapters to provide suggestions and products. We would GLADLY and EAGERLY get our items from US companies if the supply and price are even close to being reasonable. If you know of any please let me know! Remember we do over 2,300 events per year! That's a lot of turkey sculptures!

The chapter basically purchases this package from the NWTF and pays back the cost with proceeds from the event. Without these core items the amount of product would be very low at most events.

Where does the money go that they pay back to the NWTF?......To pay for the banquet items, the packaging, the shipping, etc. If you've ever seen our warehouse you'd appreciate this. We ship out 2,300 core packages per year and you could house an aircraft carrier in our warehouse. It's a monster.

Ultimately whatever is left over after paying for the product and getting it to the chapter goes into a fund for programs like Operation Oak, Operation Big Sky, etc. In other words, it goes back directly on the ground for conservation.

Is that transparent enough??

Hell I got a wildlife biology degree. I use mine to pick up the hippie chicks downtown.

You'd be a hybrid I guess.

Good to hear on the LBL. I talked with the rangers out there last fall and he told us that was the deal but didn't know if it stuck or not.

I love that place.

10-4. thanks eco.

The warehouse IS HUGGE.
    Dexter GETS IT!

Echo I just want to thank you for taking the time to come on here and answer questions. Most would have gotten their panties in a wad by now but your hanging in there. One of the best threads ive read in sometime.

Carry on.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

My pleasure.

Thanks for listening and caring.

We're all in this together.

X2 what DMP said.. Good job Eco..

I'm a NWTF member and Local committee member...

I.........kill more stuff than small pox
    negative...that would be me
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy