Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hunting stores in cola

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    I just recently found out about this mom and pop place between Blythewood and Ridgeway called A & B Outfitters. Going to probably give them a try, they are a wholesale dealer and the guy that told me about the place said they sell ammo for cheaper than you can buy at Walfart. Said they could order just about anything if they don't have it.
    CU, let me know what you find when you go there. Thanks, 300.
    In loving memory- KVP 1961-2009
    "Sooner or later the man who wins is the Man who thinks he Can!!!!!" Thanks Nor!!!

the horizon gas station on the corner is usually where i get my crickets. maybe they have hunting stuff. if not, the piggly wiggly in neeces has buckshot.

Quote Originally Posted by saltynut View Post
    I was suggesting that we don't have a really good hunting store, and that you would be better off making purchases over the internet. Thanks however for trying to insult me.
    i apologize for not understanding what you meant to infer in your post. i didn't see where relating the question to getting kicked in the balls was relevant. anyway, i just thought i would try to give the local guy a little business while up there and get a little break from work. it's pretty frustrating everytime someone post something legit on here you have to weed through smart a$$ comments and garbage to get the information you want. i was probably a little quicker on the trigger than i should have been.

BigBrother, i am sure salty gives wonderful advice all the time. i don't know him from adam but didn't see where his reference was relevant.

and thanks rp for whatever you contribution to the post topic was.

i would have searched for the topic had i had the time to sit and browse the forum. unfortunately, that's not a luxury i have. i didn't realize members here weren't allowed to post a topic that had been discussed before. duly noted.

thanks to those that answered without all the other BS.
    Last edited by shrpshtr; 08-02-2009 at 01:32 PM.

I honestly wish we had a better source for gear in columbia. If you were going to have to outfit yourself for just about any game species the state has to offer shopping in stores in columbia only you'll have to make some sacrifices because of whats available. It can be done, but I for one would rather pay less for exactly what I want on the internet. I do buy some fill in stuff at Barrons if necessary, and they are a good store. The size of the store limits them pretty badly, and what seems to be lack of traffic. I would rather go to the dentist than sportsmans warehouse.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

[QUOTE=shrpshtr;431510] it's pretty frustrating everytime someone post something legit on here you have to weed through smart a$$ comments and garbage to get the information you want. QUOTE]

You must live under a rock, cuz I weed through Bullshit everyday in real life.
    I might be allergic, but I'll try it anyway.

I know what I want, and more importanly, what I need to hunt. The local stores almost never have it. Internet/catalog stores ALWAYS have it. Why waste time jacking around driving to stores with shitty inventory when you can have your gear delivered to your door at a great price?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I know what I want, and more importanly, what I need to hunt. The local stores almost never have it. Internet/catalog stores ALWAYS have it. Why waste time jacking around driving to stores with shitty inventory when you can have your gear delivered to your door at a great price?
    Bingo!

I don't mind supporting the mom and pop stores if they have what I am looking for and I don't want to wait on an internet order and shipping. BUT I refuse to pay nearly twice as much for something to help them line their pockets when I can keep the cash in my own.

I walked into a sporting goods store in Florence on Friday where I used to do a lot of business. Haven't been in their in probably a year. Even when I was buying gear there they were high, probably higher than anyone in town. Their prices now have sky rocketed. They seem to be twice as high as they used to be. I now order off the internet or do business with another local store.

The reason I like local stores is because I can see what I am buying or try it on. Many times I have ordered something online and it either didn't fit right, wasn't what I though it was, etc. I like being able to physically see it and would rather not have to deal with the hassle of shipping it back.
    Last edited by wskinner; 08-02-2009 at 06:08 PM.