Thread: Are Swarovski Binoculars worth the money

Default Are Swarovski Binoculars worth the money

I am looking into the Swarovski SLC 15x56mm or the 8x56mm binoculars and was wondering if they are worth the money. I have a swarovski Z6i scope now and love it. Will i be able to sit later with the 56mm as opposed to the 42mm or 50mm? Thanks for the help

They are worth it as long as you have a scope that will allow you to see as long as the binoculars will.

I didn't belive it either but damn they are worth the money!!!

yes the 56mm will allow you to see longer. and have you ever looked into a pair of cheap nikons or busnells and then looked into a pair of swarovski's? Big Difference.

The EL's are nicer in my opinion. Also the Zeiss Victory is very nice and Leica. Try all three. Get Mhogan to bring you up to Sportsman's tomorrow evening and I will show you all of them.

You want to go with 8x42 or 10x50. 15x56 will not allow you to see later. Divide the objective lens by the magnification to figure out how much light the binocular gathers. 5mm of light is the most light your eye can gather so get optics that are as close to that as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstreebigbuckslaya View Post
    They are worth it as long as you have a scope that will allow you to see as long as the binoculars will.

the 10x50's are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by kingstreebigbuckslaya View Post
    X3
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

Guys,...read his first post, he is currently shooting with a swarovski Z6i, hands down one of the best scopes Swarovski makes. His scope will be right on with his binoculars if he picks them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I did, but I think he should compare all the options side by side in low light conditions. Come up to Sportsmans tomorrow around 8 and I will let you look at all of them. We can take them outside if you want to see which ones have clearer glass.

There Have Been More Deer Killed With A Tasco 3-9x40 Scope Than Anything Else Ever.....

Dakota, I was referring to the 8x56mm option he posted. I was unaware that they made a 8x56mm as well as the fact that your eyes can only gather 5mm of light. Either way Swarovski makes some damn fine glass, it all depends on what you are using it for. If you are wanting it mainly for low-light conditions than you want the best clarity possible. The better the clarity the higher the price.

The best I have ever seen in binos is the Leica Ultravid HD in terms of clarity. The only reason I lean a little towards Leica is that optics is all they know or have done.

Dakota, that older man at sportsmans was showing me a set of Leica's yesterday, very very clear. still cant justify breaking off over 1200 bucks for binos
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Meopta is another quality brand to look into. I dont think they cost as much as Swarovski or Leica either.

Bob was helping you I would assume. Another one that was very good for the money was the Alpen Rainers if you can find them. I think Alpen quit making them. Try the new Monarch X. Pretty impressive as well.

I like the Meopta scopes but they are heavy.

How about the Meopta binos
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-30-2009 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    Dakota, that older man at sportsmans was showing me a set of Leica's yesterday, very very clear. still cant justify breaking off over 1200 bucks for binos
    if i only hunted this state i couldnt either. I have a set of Leica's and if your used to looking in dark gullies and canyons from "miles" away, you'd justify.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I have seen them. I still think they are heavy (comparatively), and you don't see them around very often. Swarovski's are heavy as well. They have good glass but I would buy Khales binos before Meopta.