Thread: Mossberg 935 vs Remington 1100

Default Mossberg 935 vs Remington 1100

I just swapped out a Mossberg 935 for a Remington 1100 straight up...I feel like I just got a steal even though the Remington is quite a bit older than then Mossberg. Just curious if this was a smart move.

Let me know what yall think.

I wish I still had 1100's but I wore two out. Went to the 1187 and wish I never had. I hope I only had a lemon.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

stole it in my book. 1100 is a great gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I have 2 1100 one is much older and one is a newer G3 version both in 12ga. Couldn't be anymore satisfied with a gun. The mossberg is a decent gun but really you get what you pay for with it. My brother has a 935 and it kicks like a mule compared to the 1100.

my most prized posession is a mid 70s model 1100 my dad gave me. a guy he worked with bought the gun brand new, then a few years later he got in some trouble and had to have some money fast... my dad let him borrow 50 dollars and he kept the gun as *colateral*..... well he never brought back the 50 dollars, and he still has the gun..... funny thing is my dad still works with the same guy... haha

you made out good! those old 1100s are hard to beat...

Hell of a deal.....older 1100's are the ticket. There is a reason why they have been around for so long.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 08-25-2009 at 12:44 PM.

Funny, I was just talkin to a buddy today about goose hunting on the Eastern shore. He told me about his shotgun that he hung the strap on a nail and went over to a blind to get some coffee, he never drinks coffee unless its below 20. He heard a spash and went back to see his gun was missing. Pulled it out of 2 feet a water and mud and in 1 minute it was iced up, just as the honkers came in, dunked it in the water to get the ice off a bam! He did that the rest of the day, got his limit. I asked him, what shotgun was it-1100. I traded my mossberg for an older 870-love it.

You got the better part of that deal

You did well.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Great deal i have 2 and wouldnt trade them for anything

Tell whoever you traded with that I will trade a sweet red rider for a .308 if he has one. Congrats on your luck!
    \"If there must be war let it be in my day, that my child may have peace\" -Thomas Paine

Great deal.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

That is a great gun and a great deal!

mossberg ok 1100 better the old wingmasters were the better of the guns but still good trade getting rid of the berg. cash or 1100's for clunkers

I'd take any Remmy over a Mossberg any day of the week. Never been a fan. Owned two before and didn't care much for either. Never, ever again!

you got fucked... but I am a nice guy and will help you out by buying the 1100 from you, whatcha want for it?
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I have 3 older 1100's a 20 16 and 12. Love them all just wish I could find a .410 to complete the collection. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Went to the 1187 and wish I never had. I hope I only had a lemon.
    unfortunately i don't think you did. i've got one, a premier(i rattle-canned it last year), and when it's shooting, i like it. but it usually hangs up AT LEAST once or twice a hunt.

i've had one mossberg. first gun that I ever paid for myself. it was a 500 pump i think. first time i took it hunting was on my first "real" duckhunt in potatoe creek about the last year that there were any birds out there. i shot at the first 2 or 3 bunch of birds, and then it turned into a single shot. i was so mad i chunked it in the bushes behind me and i would have left the damn thing there, but my dad made me take it back with us. i let a friend borrow it once and never asked for it back. i wouldn't have one if someone gave it to me

you made a damn fine move on the 1100
    Last edited by quackaddict; 08-26-2009 at 03:01 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    but it usually hangs up AT LEAST once or twice a hunt.

learn to clean your gun... I have a primer and it has flawlessly cycled hundreds maybe thousands of shells
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

i know how to clean the damn gun

but if you want, i'll get the wife to send it to you. then you can video how you do it so i won't miss any steps next time. just don't do it in the closet like you did that damn turkey call video, you'll need somewhere with better light
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I traded a benelli nova last year for a 1100 straight up. good deal.
    He would have been nice next year.