Thread: Dove stool

Default Dove stool

My dove stool has taken all it can of dove shoots and duck hunting and the back is starting to come apart so its time to get another one. Any suggestions on a new one?
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

bucket with a swivel top is what i use.

this one if you feel like spending some. my grandad has one and it is realll nice.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

I've always used a bucket with a swivel, but for someone who may have back problems or wants something with some support this is a great product.
    Last edited by wskinner; 07-26-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    bucket with a swivel top is what i use.
    Me as well.

bucket with swivel top

you can pick them up at just about any hardware with a sporting goods section or just head over to walfart.

seems like I remember seeing them on sale on the Wing Supply website

I am going to break with the crowd.

I have what I think is the ultimate dove stool. It's a standard folding stool, but sits higher than the normal ones. One side (the back), is HIGHER than the other, so the seat is angled downwards. Makes standing to shoot much easier and ergonomic. The bag under the seat is INSULATED. There is a mesh pouch at the front that never gets used on mine. It has a simple shoulder strap.

I put two or three soft freezer packs (frozen) in the bag to keep it cool, along with some Gatorades for me, and a gallon ziplock. As I shoot boids, they go into the ziplock then into the cooler bag so cool down. Keeps the cooler area clean.

The rest of my stuff I carry in an Avery "Guide Bag", over the other shoulder to balance the load. Unless I am carrying my decoys on fishing rods - which adds another load dimension.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Would like one like this but man I cant see paying $100 for a dove stool. I may just buy a bucket and a stool. I like the idea of a swivel seat for dove hunting but need a stool for duck hunting. We use them all the time for hunting the swamps and sitting in the grass. After it sinks a few inches in the mud your at just the right height for concealment in the tall grass.
    Last edited by DMP; 07-26-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    this one if you feel like spending some. my grandad has one and it is realll nice.
    http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...233&hasJS=true

I've always used a bucket with a swivel, but for someone who may have back problems or wants something with some support this is a great product.
    this is what i use but my brother, has a boat seat on a wide base swivel pedestal that just digs into the ground and sits up alot higher than this, Its alot more comfortable, think he got it from the dumpster, someone had thrown it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post

Would like one like this but man I cant see paying $100 for a dove stool. I may just buy a bucket and a stool. I like the idea of a swivel seat for dove hunting but need a stool for duck hunting. We use them all the time for hunting the swamps and sitting in the grass. After it sinks a few inches in the mud your at just the right height for concealment in the tall grass.
    Here is the same stool on sale for $48

http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...id=71YC&bhcp=1
    Last edited by SMACK EM; 07-30-2009 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post
    bucket with swivel top

you can pick them up at just about any hardware with a sporting goods section or just head over to walfart.

seems like I remember seeing them on sale on the Wing Supply website
    http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scrip....asp?SKU=18820

When I saw the title " dove stool" I thought you was talking my language about the doo doo business but after opening I see different.......carry on

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    When I saw the title " dove stool" I thought you was talking my language about the doo doo business but after opening I see different.......carry on
    youre into poo?

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    youre into poo?

I work for the municipality in Greenwood that takes care of the Wastewater for the whole county

I am the priority scheduler.......no poo on me.
    Last edited by quack head 11; 07-30-2009 at 07:17 AM.

Nice avatar SMACK EM! I was fully paying attention to this rousing dove stool conversation until I looked to the left and forgot what in the hell it was ya'll were even talking about

"Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by SCcdp View Post
    Nice avatar SMACK EM! I was fully paying attention to this rousing dove stool conversation until I looked to the left and forgot what in the hell it was ya'll were even talking about

whats this thread about again??? something about bird shit?? buckets full of bird stool??

i give up.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

Thanks SMACK EM! I was just sitting here thinking about the next forty five minutes and work will be done. You my friend have single handedly brightened up my day.

BTW, they have that stool at Clothing World that Swamp Rat is refering to. It is really nice. I believe that have several different heights for the vertically challenged.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.