Thread: Franchi Diamond

Default Franchi Diamond

I was in Dick's Sporting Goods this evening browsing the guns and came across a Franchi Diamond O/U for $799.00...Has anyone had any experience with these? I know it is a Dick's exculsive, but I own an old Franchi and love it so much I am afraid to shoot it anymore. Franchi to me makes a great gun for the money, but was blown away how cheap this was, considering it was a good looking gun.
    "I am easily satisfied with the very best." -Winston Churchill

Like your enthusiasm about the Franchi. But the day I find a gun that I like too much to shoot.......shoot me....What's the point in owning it....that's all.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

It was given to me by my grandfather that passed a few years back...It now has a small crack in the stock from years of use and haven't the first clue where there is a good gunsmith to fix the thing.

Darlington Gun Works...

Someone had mentioned that to me, but forgot the name everytime I got around to thinking about it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by scduckhunter79 View Post
    It was given to me by my grandfather that passed a few years back...It now has a small crack in the stock from years of use and haven't the first clue where there is a good gunsmith to fix the thing.
    That information would have been good to know up front. Sorry for your loss. Put it in the gun case just like it is...Don't touch it and buy the one you are talking about.

And wear it out!
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

I would like it fixed, but I would die if something happend to it. Advice taken.

That gun is great. My brother bought it last December and loves it. I've shot it as well and like it about as much as my Super Black Eagle. Great gun, especially for the money. And the engravings are legit.

there are several O/U's and SXS's that are being put out now and are servicable weapons... they are often much heavier than the more expensive brands and the quality is variable from weapon to weapon, but if you don't want to spend 2K and you are patient enough to work out the kinks it should be a good deal.

Ended up buying a Beretta Silver Pigeon...I figured it I would spend a little more for something that a gun that handled beautifully to me. I did notice how easy it breaks open and closed versus the franchi diamond. I figured I couldnt go wrong with a Beretta.

Better choice, but jus my .02