Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carry Options...

Quote Originally Posted by wackemandstackem View Post
    Want to sell it millero Ill Own another one..

Jon
    i dont sell guns.

Here is the best comparison chart I've seen for sizes.

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.jpg
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    I just got one of the Ruger LCP's. Bought a in-pocket holster for it and never leave home without it. Funny thing though, I stopped at a Convenience store this evening and a car load of zombies were checking me out. I went from Condition Yellow (always in Yellow when you carry) to Orange real quick. I had pulled in on the side of the store and they were parked about two spaces away from me, in the more darker area of the parking lot. Anyway, I slid my Colt .38 on my belt (LCP still in pocket) and when I opened the door I made sure they saw it before I pulled my shirt over it. When I came back out they were all staring at me...wide eyed. They went from "predators to prey" real fast. I smiled at them and bid them goodnight. I heard a bunch of YA SIR'S, YA SIR'S in reply. Something to think about, if you carry concealed no one knows, and in the wrong situation, you may be considered "prey". Sometimes, a quick but discrete show of firepower can defuse a situation and everyone goes home to live another day. I hope those boys learned something. Next time they may not be so lucky, since I had already decided on double-tapping the big mean looking one in the front passenger seat first, since he looked and acted like the "bad-ass boss", then maybe the crackhead looking one in the back seat if he did something stupid, and then worry about the other two on the far side. In other words, I already had a rudimentary plan, they didn't.
    Downeast. Enjoyed your post.

But damn.....work some paragraphs in there.

made me a bit dizzy.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

i like my g23 had the 27 but not as accurate and for the size i like the 23 full of taps and bonded golden sabers with another one with rangers and fmj

I stand corrected. after further review...I have read that some folks feel the Kahr PM9 is better than the Kel-Tec.

Now price comes into play. Don't know specs on size or price. Too lazy to do the research.

I do know Kel-Tecs customer service is great. Can't tell you about Kahr.
    "The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination." ---Voltaire

If this gal is Kahr's customer service rep, sales would skyrocket tomorrow

I'd still buy one of these though -- 9mm -- 8 rounds -- 25.2 oz unloaded

Last edited by SCLAND&TIMBER; 07-12-2009 at 10:47 PM.

the LCP is a fine pocket pistol and i carry it during the work week and when it's not easy to conceal my xd......if you want a LCP, get on a waiting list.....maybe ever 2 or 3 waiting list if they allow you to cancel your que.....most placing will not have a problem with this bc there will be someone behind you ready to purchase it.....as far as i can tell, the shops will get in an order of 10 or so at a time, but it could be 6 weeks before they get more......getting on a few waiting lists will help your chances of getting one sooner.....i got lucky when someone on here posted the link at impactguns.com when they had the LCP running at $299.....i ordered and it was to my FFL within a week....i just check and they are $309 not and accepting orders

i prefer my xd over the LCP, but it's not easy to conceal with work clothes.....i know i'm a heavier guy than you, but a xd(sc), g26, g27, or anything that size will be easy enough for you to conceal IWB

tradorion Coots

I have the LCP as well-- like it ALOT no doubt... but 7x380 doesn't make me near as happy as 11x9mm or 10x40 in the baby G's and in my preferred platform 19/23 its 16xp and 14x40.

I also will not part ways with a snub Smith.

It's like clubs in the bag- you don't putt with a driver... bottom line is some outfits just won't take the G23 so well... so i drop back to a better suited gun.

Just get a starter pistol spellcheck, if you shoot like you fight you don't need real bullets... blanks will work fine shooting at the mirror you are a huge :homo:
    Last edited by MediaGuy; 07-13-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: typo caused smiley to fail :mad:

Like Phil Robertson says about the three things he looks for in a shot gun: bang, bang, bang.
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    I just got one of the Ruger LCP's. Bought a in-pocket holster for it and never leave home without it. Funny thing though, I stopped at a Convenience store this evening and a car load of zombies were checking me out. I went from Condition Yellow (always in Yellow when you carry) to Orange real quick. I had pulled in on the side of the store and they were parked about two spaces away from me, in the more darker area of the parking lot. Anyway, I slid my Colt .38 on my belt (LCP still in pocket) and when I opened the door I made sure they saw it before I pulled my shirt over it. When I came back out they were all staring at me...wide eyed. They went from "predators to prey" real fast. I smiled at them and bid them goodnight. I heard a bunch of YA SIR'S, YA SIR'S in reply. Something to think about, if you carry concealed no one knows, and in the wrong situation, you may be considered "prey". Sometimes, a quick but discrete show of firepower can defuse a situation and everyone goes home to live another day. I hope those boys learned something. Next time they may not be so lucky, since I had already decided on double-tapping the big mean looking one in the front passenger seat first, since he looked and acted like the "bad-ass boss", then maybe the crackhead looking one in the back seat if he did something stupid, and then worry about the other two on the far side. In other words, I already had a rudimentary plan, they didn't.

Been there done that and it works, time after time.

SB.

Hahah.. Spellcheck with a CWP... Maybe we should ban handguns
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Hahah.. Spellcheck with a CWP... Maybe we should ban handguns
    Shut your mouth PBiz.

No we just need someone to reject spellchecks CWP application.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

All sled would have to do is read some of these threads... Hahhahaha

Like I said no reason to ban handguns.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Bwhahahhahahahhaa..... Aww spellcheck aint bad, I just hope his CWP aint valid in Berkeley County.. Might be like Cheddar Bob on 8 mile and shoot himself.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by knuckledraggineantherhal View Post
    it does not have multiple strike capability.

I hate to sound like an idiot. but what is multiple strike capability?

I'm sure i'm gonna regret this.
    You asked about price and multi strike capability. First the Glock will cost you around $500 or better depending on how you get it equipped. The PF-9 is about half that. Multi strike means a second pull of the trigger results in another primer strike even if the slide is not cycled. Not a big deal, since if it doesn't fire on the first strike, it probably won't on the 2nd or 3rd.

Buy as much quality as you can afford, but don't be afraid of the Kel-Tec. Shoot whatever you get a lot before you trust your life with it though. You would be shocked at the number of people over the years who have brought a brand new gun to a CWP class only to have it go tits up before they could complete the course of fire. We had it again Saturday with ANOTHER Walther P22. We also had another lead shaving Taurus, but it didn't malfunction.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by SCLAND&TIMBER View Post

I'd still buy one of these though -- 9mm -- 8 rounds -- 25.2 oz unloaded

The P239 is a fine gun. It was my carry for years. Even took out a deer on the run that one of my buddies had not finished the job on. It was only 10 yards and I hit it 3 out of 5 times. Wish I still had it.

damn right on the P239...

Dave, no matter what you get... take it to the range and shoot it. If it doesn't go bang once out of 50 it is unacceptable, clean it, break it in and test it some more. There should be NO failure to feed, fire or eject, period. if it fails, get a different weapon.

Get some snap caps for when you are not at the range and when at home keep it with you at all times, know it inside and out and practice, practice, practice. It should feel unnatural to NOT have it. THEN you can practice carrying it loaded around the house.

A house gun is a house gun, you have room for error on your own turf... but a carry gun is absolutely serious fuckin business and the details of how it works and how you handle it can not be overstated.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

AMEN!!!!
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.