Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Shame on Ducks Unlimited

LOL at the crickets
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

not sure what you are smoking, but I have no knowledge of any backhoe burying, have never shot over the limit on any corn pond, and do not know who stud swamp hunter is (or was), and my history with DU was clearly shown at the first or second posting in this thread. So, maybe you do not " have me pegged" after all. Things that make you go HMMM. I am sure the great and powerful OZ (behind the curtain pulling the switches) can confirm that there has only been one name for this poster since starting.
    1st Timothy 1- vs 12-16, my story. Just an ole swamp hunter, never had a corn pond, never will. Dux is Dux.

You are a long time SCWA board member, correct?

You spent innumerable wed. and sat. mornings shooting tame mallards at the SCWA ponds, correct? even though you technically never had a corn pond nor never will.

You hunted at SCWA's Canada operation, correct?

You were among a group of men who tired of cleaning ducks and geese and ordered someone working FOR SCWA to bury them with a backhoe, is this not correct?

Yes, I was a SCWA board member, and yes over the years I shot a few times (never every Wed or Saturday) in the Elliots Crawfish ponds and SCWA moist soil/chufa/rice ponds, never lucky enough to get into a corn pond.

Weekly hunts were held for committe members, those that bought hunts at banquets, camp woodie hunters, and large corporate donors.

Years ago, Board members were invited to hunt once a year, but that was discontinued before I left the board.

I have no knowledge of any burial of any ducks, your previous mention was the first time I have ever heard of that. I have never tired of cleaning ducks and ordered anybody to dispose of anything. Let me rephrase that, I have tired of cleaning ducks in Arkansas but never in SC because I have never shot that many ducks in SC.

The few times I was allowed to hunt at SCWA, I took my birds home uncleaned and cleaned them myself. There were some shooters that did not take their birds home I am sure. But I was not one of them.

IF burial of ducks occurred it was not during my tenure and there has never been any mention of it by anyone I know. If you have evidence of that occuring, I would recommend you report it to USFS or DNR. Otherwise it is just some rumor that seems to be common on this site and nowhere else that I have ever heard of.
    1st Timothy 1- vs 12-16, my story. Just an ole swamp hunter, never had a corn pond, never will. Dux is Dux.

As to Canada, I have hunted in Alberta and Manitoba several times. Over 20 years ago I bought a trip at a SCWA banquet and went to Manitoba with SCWA. On that trip We took our birds to a Hutterite colony and had them cleaned each day, there was never any burial there either that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Moes Lake View Post
    lucky enough
    ...and here is the crux of the matter.

Weekly hunts
    What?
    bought hunts
    Huh?
    camp woodie hunters
    Surely not.
    board members were invited to hunt
    No way!
    to hunt at SCWA
    BS!
    There were some shooters
    Now that's more like it...
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

that multi-quote thing is the shizit...

carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    You hunted at SCWA's Canada operation, correct?

You were among a group of men who tired of cleaning ducks and geese and ordered someone working FOR SCWA to bury them with a backhoe, is this not correct?
    SCWA had a Canada operation? I honestly didn't know that. Could someone please fill me in on what SCWA did with their Canada operation?

OK then, I will suppose that the person who was embarrassed as hell about admitting that he took part in the wanton waste burying of over the limit waterfowl in Canada probably just added your name to the list for funsies.

As long as the SCWA "board" and fellow released bird shoosters know that we know...

WAAAY too many of yall shoost and tell.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

wow wow wubsy
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by buckfarmer View Post
    SCWA had a Canada operation? I honestly didn't know that. Could someone please fill me in on what SCWA did with their Canada operation?
    SCWA has never had a Canada operation, Wilicki's family owns a very small and rustic cabin on Delta Marsh in Manitoba. I think they have owned it for many, many years.

It's nothing fancy like many of the rumors have suggested in the past, just an old cabin, even has a camper port a john for a toilet.

I'm not defending or getting involved in the past posts here, just stating what is fact.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

Obviously someone has been taking too many BS pills if you really think there was some vast right wing duck burial conspiricy that occurred during the supposedly bi weekly corn pond hunts in which SCWA board members murdered hundreds of ducks and ordered them to be buried with a backhoe (not sure SCWA even had a backhoe back then.)

Thank you DeltaDucks for your very honest description of the rustic facilities that were provided by the Wielicki family (David's father actually) in Canada. Needless to say the accomodations were spartan at best and the hunting was done on local farmland and marshes (Including a few DU projects, but of course they never had any ducks on them because the "DU execs in their cadillacs had already been there and killed them all".)

By the way, I just saw the Lizard Man, he and Elvis were drinking a Blenheim ginger ale at the Waffle house in Santee. They both said to tell you all hello!

Default Earth scientists

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    EXCUSE THE CAPS. IM NOT YELLING. JUST WANTED IT TO BE EASIER TO READ.

IF YOUR OVERALL POINT WAS TO CONDEMN KNEE JERK REACTIONS, I AGREE. BUT TO START YOUR DIATRIBE BY DECLARING YOUR OPINION AS TRUTH AND DISCOUNTING OTHERS IS OSTENSIBLY DOING THE SAME THING YOU ARE RIGHTLY CONDEMNING.
    Ninety-six percent of these earth scientists are all on the same page when it comes to the global warming issue.Those few scientists who are in decent are the very ones who never liked this issue to begin with.Decenters point out as "the scientists are at odds with each other on this issue" as their evidence they can point to.In the end,people will see what they want.I can't think of the title of the recent book I listened to who's authors did a very long study(many) and found that most people's opinions are formed regardless of science.They said no matter how much science was found on any particular issue,people would disregard it entirely!!!!Scientists have the best track record(on any issue for that matter)than any other occupation.It is an aberration of reality to deny that many scientists no matter how bad you want to!!Everbodys opinion counts!!!I strongly recommend the books,"Conversations with God".I have nothing whatsoever to do with the publisher,but it changed my life forever.I refuse to allow politics or religion to overtake my brain and soul!!I wish all of you the best life can offer.