Thread: Trolling Motor Help

Default Trolling Motor Help

Was going to go fishing today and take the one man boat and trolling motor, get all ninja on some river fish...

Got everything together, put the boat in the back of the truck, checked the charge on the battery, checked to make sure the motor ran...

Nope.

Took the control box off the boat, got wire brush, light oil, pliers, and screwdriver and removed the knob, lightly brushed the corrosion from the spindle the knob sits on, turned the box over, and the entire guts of the thing came apart.

Is it worth it to try and get parts for?

The whole shitting thing is residing at the moment, in the herbie curbie...do I need to retrieve it before trash day?

Is there someone either in Columbia or between Columbia and Horry that either has parts or works on trolling motors? The Fishing Hole in Marion is out, as they shut their doors.

Not sure of the make, it is the stock motor from Caimen.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Apparently, the www is illiterate in one man boats and the control boxes for electric motors.

Dagumit...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Port-Tronics in Greenville is my go to place. 864-299-1432

BB, that place in marion on 76 (not the fishing hole)should have them, thats where they are made. The little box is about 150 bucks or so with reostat and all. Irby Street Sporting goods might also be another try if marion is out of em.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Thats right, the fishin hole is in mullins...

I heard that place in Marion closed...What was the name of it? Ima call him tomorrow.

Thanks guys..

aint sure BB, I'll find out and let you know. That is where those boxes are made. THey are open, went there aboiut a month ago inquiring about a creek boat. Super nice folks.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Here ya go BB

Carolina Bait and Tackle 508 W Liberty St, Marion, SC 29571 (843) 431-9949

Preesh dude.

Last time I was through there, I was going to replace this control box with one of their digital deals that are 1/8 the size of this analog box. (learned some new shit on my google quest )

no prob. I need to drop the hammer on a sneak boat myself. Think i'm gonna get one of the creek boat M96's So much fun to sneak up on the fishes and duckbirds.

SCTIMBER Coots

BB, the sign said that the trolling motor place in Marion was for sale a couple of months ago. But I passed through there today and there was plenty of business going on. Owner might have changed his mind.

So the reostat just fell apart?

Don't know if it would help you out but you might try Sneaks Unlimited in Pelion. I have one of their one man boats and they do a jam up job. Might be willing to rebuild yours or put you a new one in. I think they were charging $60 for a reostat.

7405 Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Pelion, SC

803-894-3833
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 05-21-2009 at 09:35 PM.

Pieces...dust...

Glad to hear they are still at it. Good folk in there.