Thread: bohning fishing set up

Default bohning fishing set up

geting in to bow fishing and was wondering if anybody have ever use the set up bohning for your bow, its cheap but gotta start some where. does anybody bow fish the hatchery WMA
    Tell me where you shoot ducks so i can come shoot um

Never used it...looks kind of shitty just to be honest...I hate the arrows that comes with those kits...if your getting into bowfishing you will soon realize it is an expensive hobby...I'll eaisly drop a couple grand this year updating the rig, gas, arrows, reels, gas, fixing generator.
    Just remember to get rid of your fish lawfully....do not dump them back in the lake or worse on the side of the road makes us all look bad...What kind of bow you shooting with...I can spare a warped real seat and old 808, and a banged up stinger point arrow...a much better setup

yeah thats wat i was thinking it looks like that. i usually gig but a buddy of mine just got one and looks like fun somethning different. is there a limit on the carp and gar you can get. its a mach-flite 4 PSE older bow got free so cant complain

how much was you wanting for the spare

i agree with b-wagz....... go ahead and spend a few extra dollars on some good equipment and you wont have to buy again when you realize how much you love bowfishing.... my advice is to get a NEW zebco 888, spool it with 200lb fast flight, get you a cajun archery reel seat, and 2 cajun pirahana arrows and go fishing.... you can get all your supplies from www.backwaterbowfishing.com good people own it and its the fastest place you have ever internet shopped..... i would get the 888 from wally world tho, if it breaks you can take it back..... and dont skimp on the line... get the 200lb fast flight... its made for spinning reels....it doesnt stretch like monofiliment or other lines.... if you forget to push the button it will just either break the line or just stop the arrow.... it wont come shooting back at you.........

if you got any other questions just give me a shout... i would love to help you get started....

$0...I live in columbia, and will be traveling to Charleston Sat evening. We can meet somewhere off 26 near pimlico if you want...PM sent with my #. I will not be back online after 5 today...I actually have a lot more 888 spares as DDS recommended...and they are already spooled with 200# fast flight...

DDS...stinger points are where its at...more accurate IMO....Cajun just redesigned them where the barbs will not bend back...with an easy mod they can be eaisly twisted off too...just cut the threaded tip part where you only have to twist it twice to get it off....

Quote Originally Posted by white cracker View Post
    yeah thats wat i was thinking it looks like that. i usually gig but a buddy of mine just got one and looks like fun somethning different. is there a limit on the carp and gar you can get. its a mach-flite 4 PSE older bow got free so cant complain
    Yeap..limit is all you can shoot....There are no limits in freshwater for the # of carp/gar/catfish/mudfish/shad/snakeheads(haha)/suckers/.. you can shoot...remember it is illegal to shoot/possess grass carp though...and of course any game fish...
    Last edited by Murray; 04-24-2009 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwagz26 View Post
    DDS...stinger points are where its at...more accurate IMO....Cajun just redesigned them where the barbs will not bend back...with an easy mod they can be eaisly twisted off too...just cut the threaded tip part where you only have to twist it twice to get it off....
    hey man what ever works... every one likes different points... i have tried about all of them... so far i like the pirahana point the best... as long as you are shootin cajun archery equipment!

yeah i will give ya call and get up with you i work in summerville so i right by i-26. do you put sights on ya bows some one told me you just shoot with out them just wondering

no sights for 95% of shooters around here... up north alot of people use sights for day time fishing where you have to make long shots sometime.... around here its all done at night so a quick shot when the fish comes under the lights doesnt leave time to look at a sight pin...

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    i agree with b-wagz....... go ahead and spend a few extra dollars on some good equipment and you wont have to buy again when you realize how much you love bowfishing.... my advice is to get a NEW zebco 888, spool it with 200lb fast flight, get you a cajun archery reel seat, and 2 cajun pirahana arrows and go fishing.... you can get all your supplies from www.backwaterbowfishing.com good people own it and its the fastest place you have ever internet shopped..... i would get the 888 from wally world tho, if it breaks you can take it back..... and dont skimp on the line... get the 200lb fast flight... its made for spinning reels....it doesnt stretch like monofiliment or other lines.... if you forget to push the button it will just either break the line or just stop the arrow.... it wont come shooting back at you.........

if you got any other questions just give me a shout... i would love to help you get started....
    And the girl (Lisa) that takes your order is pretty darn hot

Quote Originally Posted by Bwagz26 View Post
    And the girl (Lisa) that takes your order is pretty darn hot
    Careful her hubby Josh is a big boy.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    hey, look who's here
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post

My ninja skills are overwhelming for the biggest of boys. Guess I'll have to stop flirting when I call to make orders since he's your peoples...just damn

White craker...will be coming through charleston fri if you want me to drop off the stuff for you
    Last edited by Murray; 05-06-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Default y

sounds good