Thread: everglades holiday park (oscar's)

Default everglades holiday park (oscar's)

just got back ,three days 3 people 600 plus a 1/2 day .

pics and info please
    Bone....

Good job, I have went down there and caught them like that. It is very fun.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

SCTIMBER Coots

Went earlier this year to the same place. 1 day and 1/2 we had 157. Culled some and had to fight the wind the first day. That is some fun fishing when one doubles a bream buster over. Great eating too. Hope to go back again later this year.

Last edited by SCTIMBER; 04-26-2009 at 08:55 PM.

"There are no strangers here only friends who haven't met "

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Oscars were originally released from aquariums right? I remember year back having some in an aquarium. I didn't realize they had become a fishery.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They catch mostly what they call myan chicklids or some shit. Although there a lot of actual oscars caught. Both are great eats.
    Be still and get your gun!!!!

fla. wildlife was doing a study on commerically raising the oscar,along came a hurricane and blew it all away ,leaving the oscar's to fend for them selves. they breed worst than rats ,so now we have a super fun fish to catch,you can hook a kid on fishing for sure down their. used cut up fish for bait,filet a small one and catch 8-10 on one small sliver 1/4x2 long.crimp the barb back on a #2 steel hook,way easier to get them off the hook.the only way to drink a cool one is to put your rod in the rack!!!
    Last edited by bid daddy; 04-27-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: content

I used to have a pair of tiger oscars in a 55 gallon tank.

Coolest damned fish...raised em from fry, kept them for about three years. Hobbes and Voltaire were their names.

If I went away for a day or two and they didnt get fed, they would pout until I dropped them some gold fish for em to eat.

My little sister had a couple of hampsters that would breed like, well, hampsters...

I had a never ending supply of good hard protein to feed them, and they got big.

The big snow came and knocked the power out, we went to stay with family, came back, and they were dead.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton