Thread: Ford F-250's and F350's Warning

Default Ford F-250's and F350's Warning

i would recommend that you stay away from the new Super Duty pick ups due to the smog system in the exhaust causing the motor to detonate due to exhaust gas temperatures. 09 super duty straight from the factory already had to replace the engine (3)times and the transmission (1) time. just wanted to warn all yall fore yall get screwed. take my advice especially if you are going to be towing on a regular.

Is that the 6.0 or the twin turbo 6.4?

I left the Ford family. After 6 in a row, I thought it was time. Just too many problems.

This is the 6.4 they don't use the 6.0's any more, and no matter what diesel you get cummins, duramax, or powerstroke all of them have some sort of emissions crap on them.

i tow a lot of trucks and mostly fords back to the dealerships
    not complaining just saying my 2 cents

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I think that they all currently use the Re-Gen technology to burn off the soot from the DPF. In order to meet the emissions standards, they switched to a cleaner fuel (ULSD). Manufacturers adopted a particulate filter that will burn itself off about every 3K miles. I understand that the engines run rough and the exhaust gets very hot during this evolution. That all started with model year 07. If you don't want to put up with this, get an 06 or earlier diesel.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.