Thread: Lake Monticello Reservoir

Default Lake Monticello Reservoir

Do any of you all know of a site with the rules of this lake? I have heard several different stories from different people. thanks

Stay away ifn its a windy day

Damn right, the winds will sneak up on you in a heartbeat. Know the winds for the day before you venture out!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by nate10 View Post
    Do any of you all know of a site with the rules of this lake? I have heard several different stories from different people. thanks
    What kind of rules are you wondering about? I fish the lake alot, so IDK, i might could help you out.

The rules on Lake Monticello is just like any other lake in south carolina I think on the rec. lake you cannot run a gas motor but other than that thats about it in a nutshell its a good fishing lake that does not allow jetski's so that is a plus to a serious angler

Well I've heard several things like fishing only on Wednesday and Saturday. My boat has a 25 hp can i take the prop off to fish or what? Fishing only sunrise to sun set etc.

Nate I have checked people in 20ft bass boats on the big lake side of monticello i know u can only duck hunt up there on wednesdays and saturdays but as far as fishing the big lake side you will be good to go running ur boat motor the rec lake is only open for sunrise to sunset if you have any other questions call our dispatch and ask to speak with a Fairfield Co officer to answer any other questions

Default Monticello

Wed. / Sat. only, electric trolling motor WAS for the small upper impoundment....not sure what the current restrictions are but you better check the SCDNR rules and regs. Don't take our word for it.

Lake Monticello proper:

Steer clear of the markers near the Nuke Plant, (of course THAT'S WHERE THE BEST FISHING WAS)....the rent a cops are probably itchin' to snipe someone out after the Somali pirate execution.

Watch the "false tide", aka nuke plant pulling water out of the lake, stumps spring up in the craziest places out there.

It is a seriously dangerous lake on windy days too. I prefer to launch at the upper end of the lake, you got zippo for protection when the wind starts to blow on the East side.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

there are NO fish in that lake. and I'll give you a DOLLAR to drive your boat up to the plant!!!!!!

"rent a cops"? Those guys have been through more training than any law enforcement officer in this part of the country!!!
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

Quote Originally Posted by lmblnr View Post
    "rent a cops"? Those guys have been through more training than any law enforcement officer in this part of the country!!!
    Didn't say anything derogatory about their training, SCEG pays their salaries so I called 'em "rent a cops", not a big deal to me but I obviously struck a cord with you.

I should HOPE they have had some outstanding training, they're sitting on an active nuclear reactor site. Just warning Nate10 in case their itchin' to "exercise" their trigger finger or launch an aerial assault on an unsuspecting fisherman.

Chill bro, I used to live a mile from the place.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

not trying to highjack but those guys do look like they're waiting to snipe one off
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Didn't say anything derogatory about their training, SCEG pays their salaries so I called 'em "rent a cops", not a big deal to me but I obviously struck a cord with you.

I should HOPE they have had some outstanding training, they're sitting on an active nuclear reactor site. Just warning Nate10 in case their itchin' to "exercise" their trigger finger or launch an aerial assault on an unsuspecting fisherman.

Chill bro, I used to live a mile from the place.
    No chord struck! That has been a hot topic around that plant for years, I know several of those guys and you'll get fair warning before a trigger pull is even considered!
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

Sorry for the thread jacking!