Thread: Abu Garcia 6600bcx

Default Abu Garcia 6600bcx

Fellas, I'm looking to replace some of my catfishing crap and was wondering if any of ya'll have had any dealings with this model reel. Got some 6500c3's that have been excellent, noticed that these are about half the price.
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

could be wrong but crappy gears in them. prob more plastic in them. trying to compete with that shakespeare crap they sell

not the same beast. the c3's are made in sweden and the ones you are looking at are made in china. i'd stick with the 5500 or 6500 c3's. I just did a lot of research on the same reels and went the the c3's. pair it with an ugly stik and you'll be good to go for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Thanks!
    "As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials." Newt Gingrich

hard to beat the 6500's them new ones are crap. I have one and the clicker is backwards and the drag is sticky. POS.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

go with a penn 9 level, lot less money and they last, i have caught stripers up to 25lbs and cats up to 38lbs on them and i have never had any problems with them. clickers have not stripped out. have even used them on some nice spottails in the 10 to 15lb class. and after using them a few times you can cast them pretty well. just my .02

Just gut your 6500's and replace the parts. It is a simple operation. If you want something newer, check ebay. You can usually find 6500's pretty cheap....

If you choose to go with newer, might I offer to purchase your sweden made 6500's?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Any old ABU Garcia reels that you have can be replaced at about half of the cost of a new one. It is more cost effective for them to replace the reel than repair it. I have had several replaced over the years and have been very pleased. Even if you find an old one that doesn't work, send it to them. After they receive your reels they will send you a quote and you can decide.
    Pure Fishing Factory Reel Service *
    1900 18th St Spirit Lake, IA 51360
    (800) 228-4272

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Any old ABU Garcia reels that you have can be replaced at about half of the cost of a new one. It is more cost effective for them to replace the reel than repair it. I have had several replaced over the years and have been very pleased. Even if you find an old one that doesn't work, send it to them. After they receive your reels they will send you a quote and you can decide.
    Pure Fishing Factory Reel Service *
    1900 18th St Spirit Lake, IA 51360
    (800) 228-4272
    I'll give them a call! Thanks!