Thread: Colt 'Cobra' for carry

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Colt 'Cobra' for carry

When I was 17 I bought my dad a Colt Cobra revolver for his birthday. It's a blued .38 special on a .32 frame with a 4" barrel. Dad only shot about a ½ box of rounds in it. The thing is brand new. It's also thin ( 'D' frame) and light and I been thinking about using it for a summertime carry gun. When I looked up the Cobra the site said they were only available in a 2" and a 3" version but this one has a 4" barrel.

I like my semis, but during the summer with light clothes on, it's a bit harder to conceal them. They're heavier and bulkier than this little Colt revolver although you wouldn't think it.

I keep an S&W .32 long in the truck for a truck gun and it's a lot heavier than the Colt. Course the barrel is about an inch longer too.

This little Colt would make a great carry for a woman too.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-09-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Btw, the gun only weighs 15oz. It's simply a Detective Special with an alloy frame. According to what I can find that handle +P ammo with no problem.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

With the price of Colt revolvers as high as they are now, I would be afraid to get one dirty, much less take a chance of using it.

I have a nickle plated Colt Detective Special. It's an old City of Columbia Police Department Gun. It's engraved right on the backstrap of the grip.

It is a great gun and perfect for carry, but like skrimp mentioned I'd hate to loose it if it were ever called to action. However, I do shoot it on a fairly frequent basis.

Mergie,
    I would hate for you to mess up that Colt carrying it this summer. I have the perfect carry gun for you. A .38 Taurus Model 85 Ultralight. It is in great condition, and you wouldn't have to worry about messing it up or losing it. It has served me well as a boat/truck/carry gun for several years. Since I am such a nice guy and wanting to help a fellow SCDucks member, I would be willing to trade the Taurus for your Colt. Just let me know if you are interested.

Guns are made to be used. Use it Merg.
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master

SCTIMBER Coots

Use it

There was a Colt Python that sold for around 12 grand recently.

Well I gave this gun to my dad for his B-day, I got it back when he passed away. I won't ever be selling it, I'll just hand it down to my son, so I may as well use it.