Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new duck and turkey outfit

Default new duck and turkey outfit

1989 Jap A5 Mag with 26" barrel and invector chokes. Gonna hopefully see what it does to a tom on wed!

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

stop it, you making me want one!!!! looks like a killer.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

SCTIMBER Coots

Very nice weapon, I have always wanted one.

Got a 64' and 95' model awesome guns, where did you get the synthetic stock and forearm?

i bought it that way, it is the factory browning stalker stocks.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

trying to get as many as i can, love the old humpbacks. L-R 1968 Blonde magnum, 1972 Light 12, 1952 Sweet Sixteen.

That round knob on the right is the shizzle !
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

You have an addiciton for sure...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

it was my grandaddy's and has killed many many dove. They named em sweet for a reason. One of the best shooting guns i've ever shot. Also have my dads 50 something light twelve, hadn't deciphered the serial numbers on it yet. The middle one is a 26" IC and swings like no other

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    You have an addiciton for sure...
    yeah its worse than crack. I come home with another one and my wife rolls her eyes and says, "what do you need another one for?" Need me a light 20 and a 20 magnum and a reg weight 12 and i'll have one of each.

They are sweet guns for sure. I have a Bel. Sweet 16 that was my grandfathers. He made me promise to shoot it when he gave it to me for graduation. I lived up to my word, put one box of shells through it then put it up.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

hard to find 16 guage shells sometime, but i usually get a couple boxes before dove season. It jams sometimes, dad says that it never jammed during the paper shell days, but guess the new ones are a little hot. I know i could change the rings, but my grandaddy set em long ago, and i'll leave em like he had em and take a jam as a sign that that bird needed to live.

I've got a Sweet Sixteen that will hopefully roll out a longbeard for me this season. Made in '56. Would top off my season, if it ever gets here! Got an old Stevens 12 sxs that is going to the woods as well. Going retro this year.
    Last edited by FreeLiner; 03-28-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FreeLiner View Post
    I've got a Sweet Sixteen that will hopefully roll out a longbeard for me this season. Made in '56. Would top off my season, if it ever gets here! Got an old Stevens 12 sxs that is going to the woods as well. Going retro this year.
    i would take my old ones, but they all have alot more open chokes. Dad has a belgium mag with a 32" full barrel, but that thing weighs a ton for lugging it though the swamp.

I love those guns! My dad has a sweet sixteen that I'm making plans on stealing. I'm going to get one someday.

would like to get my hands on that 16, gorgeous gun. hell all of them are. maybe one day for me
    cut\'em

I haven't been able to get a load that patterns well farther out for turkeys for my Sweet Sixteen. I have never had that gun jam on me. It's the one I shot the bass with after the .270...

. Also have my dads 50 something light twelve, hadn't deciphered the serial numbers on it yet. The middle one is a 26" IC and swings like no other[/quote]

when i find a telephone# i will pm ya. he can tell ya anything ya want to know about an a5.

I got a belgium sweet sixteen, how do you find out the year it was made?

Private Land Rubberhead # 1

go here and look at your serial #
    http://www.browning.com/customerserv...tail.asp?id=13