Thread: cold

Default cold

35 with a windchill of 31 this morning. Going to be cold morning of scouting but hopefully they will get fired up once the sun hits em.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

We heard very little gobbling off the roost this morning and nothing after flydown.

Ain't see the sun yet. Cold, overcast and a bit windy up in the 'burg.

They sounded off pretty good around here. I will take a cool morning anytime over a warm one.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    They sounded off pretty good around here. I will take a cool morning anytime over a warm one.
    Korn

Had a little frost on the grass this morning here! Only had one gobble but he was on the neighboring property. Didn't gobble at all after flydown!

Only heard one this morning. Three of us went out and split up to places we know hold birds and only hear one.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

One bird gobbled twice this morn.
    80-20 Genaration

no gobbling what so ever for me on the Ga. opener. DM#1 I think I have a pretty good idea why you only heard one. word around the roost is that them vocal sumbitches been totin' a muzzy. Keep up the good work.
    \"Go to Know\"

I had them gobbling a ton this morning which surprised me since it was 30 degrees. About six different birds gobbled their heads off until about 9 this morning. I was up near the SC/NC border off of HWY 25. It's a new place that I am able to hunt, and im obviously pumped about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbduck View Post
    I had them gobbling a ton this morning which surprised me since it was 30 degrees. About six different birds gobbled their heads off until about 9 this morning. I was up near the SC/NC border off of HWY 25. It's a new place that I am able to hunt, and im obviously pumped about it.
    There are a lot of birds up in that area. I went to school a few miles from there and would see them all the time. Never could find someone that would let me hunt.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Second largest bird I ever killed it was 29° that morning. That boy was hot too. Called him from under his roost tree up on a tall hardwood ridge, down the hill and across the bottom. Then he flew across a wide creek. The place where he crossed the creek was probably 20 yards wide. Once he hit my side of the creek he went immediately into strut, he strutted through the willows right up to 10 yards from me. That's when the good Lord called him home.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

In Clarendon County They Were Hammering This Morning. It Sucks Tha We Can't Hunt Until The First. After This Morning I Will Not Be Able To Sleep. I Can't Wait.
    If the Indians had guns we would not be here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    DM#1 I think I have a pretty good idea why you only heard one. word around the roost is that them vocal sumbitches been totin' a muzzy. Keep up the good work.

Thanks FBT, But hush mouth didn't work either. hehehe. I went back this afternoon for the same bird I hunted this morning and got him. Never gobbled but strutted all the way in.

80-20 Genaration

Great job there. 4 with the bow with 5 more weeks to go is strong. Congrats
    Last edited by DMP; 03-21-2009 at 09:12 PM.

aint been out in the morning yet, but was hunting a hog yesterday evening and had one gobbling his head off on the way to the roost, he must gobbled 35 or 40 times in about 45 minutes. wish I could get out in the mornings but it will be another week and a half until I get a free one
    cut\'em