Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: In The Name of Science!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post
    Man shutup, I'm getting sick and tired of your Smartass coments all the damn time. I made one comment about how i couldn't shoot one in a pen and yall jump all over me with these smartass comments cause i dont believe in yalls ways of doing things.
    I get what you're saying. From what I've read you were not badgering for them being shot in the pen, only saying you personally could not do it.

Am I right? Not for everyone. Some folks like to do their killin from a distance. Different when you look into a critters eyes as the light goes out. It's personal.

Pigs, chickens, cattle, whatever. You make sure you never set foot in a slaughter house. You'd never eat meat again with your outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I get what you're saying. From what I've read you were not badgering for them being shot in the pen, only saying you personally could not do it.

Am I right? Not for everyone. Some folks like to do their killin from a distance. Different when you look into a critters eyes as the light goes out. It's personal.

Pigs, chickens, cattle, whatever. You make sure you never set foot in a slaughter house. You'd never eat meat again with your outlook.
    Yes, I have been in a slaughter house and i know how things are done but all im saying is that i couldn't do it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

but you can eat bacon, ham, poke chops?

aside from that, you being a pussy is detrimental to the habitat.
    feral/invasive species are best dead. go change your peta pad and kill them as effectively as possible.

I really dont understand why yall just all over me and scsports because we said we arent gonna shoot them in a pen. If thats yalls fortay then go right ahead less for us to have to worry about, I guess somebody needs to do it im glad we have some people around that dont mind it. I personally just dont see the point of showing pictures like those on here, but like I said if thats yalls way then go ahead. We'll keep going about it our way and yall keep doing it yalls. End of Story

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    aside from that, you being a pussy is detrimental to the habitat.
    feral/invasive species are best dead. go change your peta pad and kill them as effectively as possible.

Last edited by quackaddict; 03-18-2009 at 01:53 AM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

how do you kill bugs in your house?
    tell me you don't use poison!
    start using a flyswatter in and under your house.
    it's gonna require you to be under there every day and night so that you can effectively kill them.
    because it's more "sporting"

What do these guys do when they want some fish to eat? Do they catch em on a hook, then turn em loose ,and swim after em with a stick to killem?

You were raised differently than us? With some sort of superior values? In what way? As to traditional values, consider this: Less than 100 years ago, most folks lived on farms. First frost was "hog-killing time". Just about everybody killed at least a hog or two in the fall. The method generally employed for killing hogs in those days was to cut the hogs throat alive so that the still-beating heart would cause the hog to bleed out. They didn't do it for sport, and it wasn't a matter of respect. They just did what needed to be done in a time when most people didn't look to the government to provide jobs for everyone, and every single item of food they ate didn't come packaged from the grocery store. They were self reliant. A forgotten concept. If you had started talking to your great-grands about respect and sportsmanship as it related to the up close and personal slaughter of hogs, you would quickly have been dismissed as a damn fool.

Be prepared if you have different thoughts than these guys, they love to talk shit. It is crazy, but funny, hogs are the nastiest things in the woods, they should be killed in any way shape of form. You are not even to touch one without rubber gloves on, trap them, kill them, hunt them kill them, either way they must go.