Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: In The Name of Science!!!

Lets say someone has a serious overpopulation problem with them that needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. Whats the best way to get rid of them? Traps that don't require you to be there constantly as they are doing the job unmonitored, or spending hundreds of hours with many other people helping you with dogs you probably don't already have chasing the hogs for a chance to stick them? If you had to get rid of them as soon as possible which system would you use?
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Eradication ain't sport,don't confuse the two.Reminds me of the butcher shop though,had some fun times there.Nice cage ,bears can't get ya and food,quick and painless bullet.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Someone should start a new "Organization" to clean these city boys up.

Something like The National Wild Hog Federation or the Hogway Foundation

They can get drunk at banquets and spend money on stupid shit at auctions all in the name of the Feral Hog!

Hell they can even manufacture a Hog Scoring standard of measure.

Length of tail and ears, cutter teeth, and weight of nutsack. Yeppers, we could clean some city ass up with this deal...

I think I will buy the domain and start selecting a board of directors...

Quote Originally Posted by saltynut View Post
    Lets say someone has a serious overpopulation problem with them that needs to be addressed as quickly as possible. Whats the best way to get rid of them? Traps that don't require you to be there constantly as they are doing the job unmonitored, or spending hundreds of hours with many other people helping you with dogs you probably don't already have chasing the hogs for a chance to stick them? If you had to get rid of them as soon as possible which system would you use?
    I understand that, all i said was that i couldn't shoot a hog in a pen... DAMN!
    And Southernduck you are a dumbass, shut the hell up
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

If you'll call it hogs unlimited I'm in. We'll headqaurter it in 5pts and It will make more money than my tatoo shop that only turns 8's into 88's.

boats and hoes

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post
    And Southernduck you are a dumbass, shut the hell up
    I was fucking with woodykilling machine that time.

Hogs Unlimited it is!

$200 to Sponsor
    $1000 for a Lifetime membership

Sponsorships come with a subscription to the online magazine and a picture of Gert in his jean jacket that is suitable for framing.

Lifetimes come with all of the above plus we will conserve 1 acre of hog habitat in your name.

For an extra $500.00 we will also name a star after your acre of hog habitat.

i love how everybody on here jumps all over somebody just becuase they dont believe in their ways of doing something, i was just supporting scsports. hell if yall want to shoot them in a cage go ahead i could care the fuck less, thats your way of doing it, ill keep doing it my way. hell you can call me a city boy all you want, but i spend every day i can in the woods or on the water when im not working/volunteering my time in the big city of camden.

Shit yall better make some bad ass stickers everybody can put on there jacked up yota

Too late to get in on this board of directors?

I want some of that action. We will offer eco-friendly hog hunts. You can hunt them with tranquilizer darts, take a picture and release him to hunt him another day. If you tranq a sow with sucklings, we will offer a support group to assist the piglets with the trauma of having her mom knocked out for an hour or two.

Get it while it is hot boyz....
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Me likey!

We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Unlimted is much better than UnlimIted I think...

Quote Originally Posted by sc sportsman View Post

we have no room for the weak!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by woodykillingmachine View Post
    hell if all of yall are such bad asses why dont yall actually do it the way we got rid of the hogs at that places i hunt. Turn the damn dogs loose and cut um when the catch um. It seems that yall are the pussys having to stand outside a cage and killing them why dont you get in the cage with a knife of something to atleast make it challenging. I know weve just about gotten rid of the herd on over 2000 acres on the river in 2 years and not a damn one of them have been killed this way. for all you true "sportsmen". im sorry i was raised differently than most of yall i actually respect the woods and all of the animals in it even if they are a pest, im not out to kill everything that walks.
    i agree in some cases this works, but if its bad enough, you need all the methods, dogs, traps, night permits, etc. Effectivness of the dogs depends on the terrain (if you can get to them before they kill the pig or it breaks). We have a huge TiTi that runs through our place, you can never get all the hogs out of it so using those 3 methods are what must be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

SC Sportsman you my friend have thin skin, I am sorry I underestimated your hog killing prowess and knowledge on the subject. However, I do know that I know what I am talking about when it comes to hogs, we have them so bad that we lost soybeans to them this year (a first) and corn, probably wont plant more than 50 to 100 acres of corn this year, inside a fence (hopefully it will keep the hogs out). I understand you won't shoot them in the trap as you dont see it sporting, however, I dont look at trapping and killing them in the trap as sporting or unsporting but as eradication and conservation of habitat. Every hog we kill is processed, or given away to locals, unless we suspect bruceollis(sp?) or anything of the likes in which case we bury them. Woodykillingmachine, I do run dogs and stick them with the knife, and have been in a trap and stabbed them (have a scar to prove it), I dont suggest getting the trap. enough of the small pecker match just kill every hog you can.

JAB123 you oughta market this up north, the yankees will go nuts for it, you can make a killing, to hell with non profit. will the website be schogs.com or MoHogs.com?
    cut\'em

what if ewe stand atop the pen wit a shotgun and buckshots and kill em when they run out is that sporting?