Thread: very superstitious???

Default very superstitious???

I am a VERY superstitious turkey hunter.

I have been trying all year to increase my mojo by being a good turkey citizen... and with the season coming in I have been trying to eat more turkey to have the taste in my mouth. I have also been gobbling on the roost(the bed) when I wake up and dusting at least once a day.
    I am so ready to hunt I cannot sleep at night. I heard a bird gobble at a train the other day when I "went to see a man about a horse" and I got so fired up I almost went into the turkey woods right then, but I knew I would loose it so I just kept on keeping on.

b-stick has been nice enough to invite me to the lowcontry for a hunt this Sunday, thank you, and I cannot wait. I already got my superstitious marlboro lights, practiced my calling and made the final cut for the vest and got out my lucky ole turkey pants. Hell i even got some new face paint.

for all you non superstitious types...

I recommend all you non belivers start being better turkey citizens cause there is still time.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Default writings on the walll

writings on the wall....???
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

that is not being a good turkey citizen
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 03-11-2009 at 10:35 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Lol
    "There are no strangers here only friends who haven't met "

im ready..been breakin in some diaphrams...i still havent found any of my shit other than a hen deke, my vest which has no calls in it for some reason, and my bug tamer..and a lucky activ shell

If you are a turkey hunter there is no choice but to be superstitious........roll on....good luck on Sunday B and Camo..........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

+1 on the lucky pants, i just got the holes in mine fixed up so i could crawl a few more miles without skin to dirt. I put those pants on, something die's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I have gotten behind rigs carrying turkeys twice while on the way to a turk hunt... both times I killed gobblers right after the fly down. In fact, I have been on a two year slump since the last one.