Thread: Testing

Default Testing

Last year was the first time I have had turkeys around my house in years. Normally ill see small flocks here and there that wander through but not stay around. But a nice size flocked moved in this past spring and had stayed in the immediate area. Before leaving for work this moring I had the urge to just hoot before I left to see if any would gobble. Had one on the mountain across from the house open up and gobble pretty good. When I left went and stopped at a different location to hoot again to pinpoint his roost. Well when i hooted a got a double response on my propetry next to one of my food plots that i did not hear before. Thinking it might have been the bird on the mountain that flew down over there I hooted again to confirm and he gobbled from his same location as before. So not only is there one gobbler in the area but I ended up hearing three, 2 which were roosted on my small piece of land. Good to hear some birds will be around the house again this year. I killed two there this past season looking to take care of three there this year. Nice to hear them gobbling good now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

That is a great feeling knowing the birds are on your dirt......congats and good luck this season.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/