Thread: Good Turkey Book

Default Good Turkey Book

Hey just wanted to let everybody know that there is a true 1st edition copy of Tenth Legion on abebooks.com. The guy is from Columbia believe it or not, Lee's Book Attic. He is asking $6500.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Book...6x%3D0%26y%3D0

FYI, at the National Convention there was a guy that had two of them for sale as well but they were much more "reasonable" at $2,300 a piece. It would be cool to have a copy but I think I'm going to have to settle for a much later edition.

I had a chance to bid on a first edition a few years ago. It didn't take long for it to go out of my price range. It finally went for right around $1000. I figuired it would be a good investment at that price, but unless I have a dead rich uncle that I don't know about, that's not likely to make it to my collection. I have a signed second edition, but the diffrence in value of a first and second edition is huge. It's fun to try and collect books on a very limited budget, but it's hard to get the good stuff. Every collector dreams of finding that signed first edition at a yard sale for 50 cents, but thanks to the internet, everybody knows what their stuff is worth now.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

SCTIMBER Coots

That guy is good to deal with. Not $6500 worth of good but I have bought some books from him before. I bought a new Rutledge/Casada book from him for $11.

I still dream also of happening upon a yard sale or estate sale and picking up some deals. it hasn't happened yet