Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Biggest SC Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by highballing22 View Post
    are you fuckin retarded or something? you look for my posts and then sit at your computer for 30 minutes trying to think of something smart to say when you find them dont you? instead of calling me a liar(even though i have posted pics of the bird you little shit head) why dont you go out and find some birds your self so you dont have so much time to sit around and fuck off on the WWW
    You need some anger management little man.

22 lbs. 13 beard. 1.3 inch spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Registering a turkey is for newbies who think turning the sport into a competition will somehow add to the overall experience. The truth is that it won't. It will only serve to bring more people into contact with that essentially evil corporation known as the National Wild Turkey Federation.

Don't turn our grand sport into some "big buck contest" for the spring. It cheapens us all and disrespects those who came before us.
    Newbie? Hardly... I'm not turning anything in to a competition? I'm just curious to know how it compared to some of the bigger birds taken in our State.
    The Tiger who does not prowl is a potential rug.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDkhntr View Post
    You need some anger management little man.
    and u need a swift kick to the sack...

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    Registering a turkey is for newbies who think turning the sport into a competition will somehow add to the overall experience. The truth is that it won't. It will only serve to bring more people into contact with that essentially evil corporation known as the National Wild Turkey Federation.

Don't turn our grand sport into some "big buck contest" for the spring. It cheapens us all and disrespects those who came before us.
    Please don't forget amidst all the despicable things that have been hashed out lately with the NWTF that if it was not for that organization turkey hunting as we know it would not be......although I have had words also against the way things have been conducted and how the commercialization of turkey hunting has hurt it to a certain extent I still respect the way the founders of the organization helped us out.......my biggest quall with the NWTF is the trapping and transportation of our local birds and transplanting them to other states............
    Last edited by ccleroy; 02-24-2009 at 08:45 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

way to hit that one on the head ccleroy
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

22 lbs
    10 1/2"
    1 1/2 ' spurs
    Walterboro, Colleton county
    about 18 yrs old with my Grandpa

Oldest bird weighed 19 pounds, 11 inch beard, 1 7/8 spurs but his toenail or whatever you call it on both feet wrapped around like big hula hoops, they were probally 18 inches long, weirdest thing I ever seen. DNR said just a real old bird and believe me he tasted like it. Tried to get buddy to mount it but he didn't
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Thats purty. Hope to step on ones neck like that opening morning.

1 7/8. Spurs! That's f-cking crazy big!

21 1/2lbs with double beards (11.5 and 6 3/4)
    1 1/4 daggers. Beautiful bird

no i never registered it , would have liked to see where it would place though, and for the argument of "big buck contest" i don't think it really would be like that , i see it like if I kill a 180" buck i sure the hell want it to be put in the record books. But that is the second triple bearded bird i have killed and the other one is just as big, but i was so excited when i killed them that registering them never crossed my mind.