Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tidewater Boats

Default Tidewater Boats

Does anyone have any experience with Tidewater Boats. I have been looking at the 21 ft. Bay Boat. I like it alot. I would just like some more opinions. Thanks
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

fished off of the 24' one on the coast one time...very nice boat and ran in some pretty shallow water

same guy that started Sea Pro makes Tidewater, it is made in SC if I remember correctly. My cousin has one and it seems to be a nice boat with a great, dry ride. I cant remember if they cured the problems Sea Pro had with scuppers but SEA PRO bay boat scuppers SUCK
    cut\'em

The owner of Key West took over tidewater's production last year. He made some changes to their quality and building process.

In the bay boat market I would consider Tidewater a great bang for the buck.

Support a local dealer.

Thanks for the information. Any other opinions are welcome.
    You can't argue with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat your ass.

badass boats

not too keen on suzuki outboards, but i was on a 1900 with a 115 suzuki, the motor was very very impressively quiet. ride was good, and the boat hauled ass.

overall i was pretty impressed
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

I've never heard anything bad about a Suzuki motor.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

me neither, just not as known as others. pretty new motors, just not sure about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

I am getting a 150hp Yamaha.

Good friend of mine, Jimmy Metts, started the company. He did not start Sea Pro, that was Tommy Hancock. Jimmy was the Vice President of sales and marketing for Sea Pro. After the sellout to Brunswick, Jimmy, and a couple investors "popped" some Sea Pro models. Originally called Sea Max and built in Winnsboro. Had to change the name to Tidewater when BP said they had a copyright on the Sea Max name. Jimmy later sold out to Hutch that owns Key West, but retained 25% percent. They bought the old Glassmaster plant in Lexington and were going to move Tidewater production there, but in this tough economic time it hasn't happened yet. They are quality built and great performing boats. You won't go wrong for the money.
    Southernduck the problem with the Sea Pro scuppers was corrected in 2004. We raised the floor 2 inches with the new deck design.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Ditto.

There is a reason all the commercial guys run em.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

They generally run very flawlessly and usually produce more power than a similar model yamaha.

The biggest difference between a Yamaha and a Suzuki is very evident when you DO HAVE A PROBLEM. In the few times I have had personal experiences with troubled Suzuki's I was disgusted by their support from the factory. Yamaha's factory support is 2nd to none.

The other reason I favor the Yamaha is the Cowling design. Suzuki's design is poor. Find a Suzuki that goes offshore and look at the salt build up. Yamaha actually has a lot of money/time invested into the R and D of their Cowlings. The cowling price reflects it as well.

BTW: when I refered to problems I mean difficult ECU/electrical stuff that challenges the best of mechanics.

I drive past the old Glassmaster plant every day on the way to work, and wondered who bought it. I was hoping it wasn't Bentley.

I drive past the old Glassmaster plant every day on the way to work, and wondered who bought it. I was hoping it wasn't Bentley.
    Bentley bought the old Glassmaster molds. When I say old, I mean the most recent saltwater models, not the old,old pleasure models. Steve Deese has or is in process of buying back Bentley and Duracraft back from the group he sold it to and ran it in the ground. I think they are aving trouble coming to an agreement on certain terms. There is a guy leasing the old Glassmaster plant that is making some small boats and refurbishing older ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Glad to hear it about Bentley and Duracraft.

My uncles neighbor was coming back thru the jetties a last summer when the inner and outer seperated. That should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Love2labs View Post
    My uncles neighbor was coming back thru the jetties a last summer when the inner and outer seperated. That should never happen.
    Tidewater boat?

Tidewater boat?
    Yep.

I have owned a Tidewater (1900) for a year and a half. I have a 140 Suzuki on it. I absolutley love the boat. If I had to buy another bay boat tomorrow I would buy the same thing. For the money I don't think you can beat it.

Thanks for the replies. I ordered it this morning. I am looking forward to getting it and trying out the new power pole.