Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Willis at the expo

Default Al Willis at the expo

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Willis today at the expo. Super nice guy. Bought a glass over slate call from him for $25 bones, striker included. Bought another slate that is about the size of a deck of cards, and the slate is about the size of a popsicle stick running down the middle of it for $20 with the striker. Looked at Mr. Tanner's calls, very nice, but to me, Mr. Willis's sounded better. Here are a few pics of the calls I bought. I bought the box call last year from him. Can't wait to use them!
    every expert was once a beginner

Al is a super nice guy. I have a couple of his box calls and they are jam up.

They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Hooks, when turkey season comes in the upstate area, you need to drive down and hunt with me. My land is in McCormick county. When is opening day in that game zone?

April 1
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

thanks DMP. you are right down the road from my place, I'm between the town of Troy(named after this town) and McCormick.

Was Wendell with Mr.Al? Both of them are super nice guys.
    I have one of Wendell's box calls.
    Holly with a purpleheart lid.
    There's a fine line between HARDCORE AND IGNORANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtroy4man View Post
    thanks DMP. you are right down the road from my place, I'm between the town of Troy(named after this town) and McCormick.
    Troy, where abouts you located? I'm in a club in Troy up from Indian Massacare Grave, well, outside Troy proper.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

probably 3 miles before you get into McCormick on the left. On the right side of the road there is a house with these huge stone wheels at the head of the driveway, and a trailer that sits in the fork of the road. I can see both of these houses from the front porch. Bladon's sporting goods is about 2 miles past me on the left.

Off of Hwy. 10 or Hwy 28? My club is named Troop 229
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

I will definitely meet up with you troy just let me know when... as of now my schedule is WIDE OPEN.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Al is a real nice fella his diaphram is the only one ill use now

no website...look up his number Keowee Game Calls in Greenville, SC

sorry camo i stand corrected i never knew he had a website

Troy im not far from you at all. Im off hwy 10 on Briarwood Rd. Come your way a good bit during duck season. Use to turkey hunt down that way but now I head to south Greenwood.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

it's off of the main road that leads right into mccormick, if you were coming from greenwood headed towards mccormick, my place is on the left. the road forks about 3 miles before you get into town, if you fork to the left, that trailer will now be on your right, I can see this trailer from the house. About a mile past me is the Strom's place on the right.

this is the picture thanks b-stick.

no problem skipper al willis is a good guy and makes one hell of a turkey call.

Al and Wendall are two great folks! My wifes first turkey call is one of Al's and I have the first ever boat paddle made by Wendall. That damn thing is turk killing mochine!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Wendell's wife is having some serious health problems. Al told me in Nashville that Wendell would not be at the PSC.

BOB
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Does beating your dog make you feel good about being a poor trainer?