Thread: Bamboo

Default Bamboo

Anybody ever use bamboo brush piles? If so how did you put it together?
    We are gonna try it by putting it in buckets with cement.

That's the method I've heard of...

Here's good information:

http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/habitat.htm

I would like to do the same thing - looking for a free source of fresh (cut it myself...) of bamboo in the Lexington area. hint hint
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I put out about 30 piles this fall using mostly bamboo. I used 3 gallon plastic flower pots I got from a friend landscaper. Bought busted bags of cement/brixment from the local hardware for half price. Poured the pots full of cement mixed with free creek sand/water and stuff bamboo in the wet cement (cement goes a long way in creek sand). Take a pair of linemans pliers and cut the last branchs (usually a pair) leaving about 2 inches on the stalk (it makes a small v), this will hold them in place and prevent them from ever coming out while the cement dries and after. You can get about five good size ones in each pot and trim the tops to desired hight. It looks damn good but I haven't caught any fish on them as of yet. You can also cut the same v's and stuff them in the bottom hole of the flower pot for cover in shallower water, kinda make a circle around the bottom of the pot. Hope this helps and pm me for any questions. I have got this shit down to an art form through research and development. I have less than 20 bucks in the whole project.