Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it time to allow 5-shot guns?

Men This Is South Carolina ! Who Needs Extra Shells??????? Where Are The Ducks!!!!! Pass Shooting Woodies Mostly Around Here. Looks Like Someone Might Need Some Shooting Practice

I'm just glad I can amuse you from time to time, Merg.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

are we not allowed to have 5 shots now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I hear the term "PLUG" used alot on this site with waterfowlers.....exactly what is that????
    student and child prodigy of the "Professor's" duckology!

Just like steel vs. lead. Before any of that crap matters, you actually have to hit the bird. Those who can shoot will pick up ducks with a single shot. shooting steel. Those who cannot will rant about steel "goin right through 'em" and needing more shells.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    Just like steel vs. lead. Before any of that crap matters, you actually have to hit the bird. Those who can shoot will pick up ducks with a single shot. shooting steel. Those who cannot will rant about steel "goin right through 'em" and needing more shells.
    So very, very true.

Most of the time when I've got to worry about loading a repeater, I end up forgetting to put one in the chamber or only putting one in the tube or some such other nonsense. I missed a couple of opportunities the other day doing this very thing.

A double gun is just so much better as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Fish; 12-31-2008 at 10:22 AM.

sometimes reloading for those kill shots can be aggravating while the bird is swimming away. But all in all 3 is usually overkill. Like a couple guys already said, you have to hit the bird first.
    Delta in a nutshell:Breeding grounds+small wetlands+big blocks of grass cover+predator removal+nesting structures+enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!
    Visit http://www.DeltaWaterfowl.org

We don't need to kill every bird we see. Maybe would should allow only 2 shots and allow some of the juvenile gadwall to fly off after being educated by their siblings misfotunes. We'll have a healthier population of birds in the long run.

The higher limits were based on the belief that we were going to have more draws on any given morning. If we're not getting those draws, maybe we should lower the limit and shorten the season.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Dman#1 doesn't even need shells the ducks just die from fear
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Steel shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

leave it at three shells to stop the sky busting. lower the limit to four ducks on public land. (no one ever limits out) and all the tickets should pay for new resource to bring ducks in the state.

NO!!!!!

What about a longer bow-hunting only season for ducks?

45 day season, 4 bird limit. Forget the baiting, extra shells. The birds are here. Wait 2 weeks after the season when all the rubberheads and skybusters go home and you will see birds everywhere. I checked out a park the other day and in the far corner of the lake there were hundreds of ducks. Now why would all these birds be rafted up in a nice quiet, restful place where no dumbass can bother them? Some folks don't realize that a lot of these birds have been shot at for nearly 6 months! The season opens in late August in parts of Canada, and they get hammered all the way down.