Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drake

I have been meaning to revisit this post but kept forgetting. I was contacted on the refuge by a representative of the company who replaced all my gear at no cost to me and even gave me bunch of bonus stuff. That kind of customer service is tough to find and I commend drake for stepping up. However one of the garments was worn the day of the youth hunt at 2 rivers and the medallion tab broke off the zipper on the first pull. I have many witnesses who will verify this. The zipper itself still works its just a little harder to operate now.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

This is true!

Seen it wit my own two (well three if you count the camera) eyes!

Now how can I get some Free stuff to not post the picture
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

DUCK MASTER is offline Professional Waterfowl Exterminator

I got a new Drake fleeced lined button up shirt and the buttons are coming untied and falling off.
    If it ain't broke it ain't mine!

gonna have to bitch on the 'fuge to get the freebies...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The guy who helped me out lurks here but isn't a member so he contacted me over there.

Sounds like they have good shit, (material), except they insist on cutting corners by putting on low grade hardware.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I'm not a big fan of drake. I will say the pull overs are well designed with all the pockets and very warm but the quality is poor. i ripped the armpit out of mine and the bottom string came out only after about 3 hunts.

Last edited by WNM; 09-07-2009 at 12:09 PM.

for as much as drake cost shouldnt have to put new zippers in columbia is the way to go

Waxed Canvas- either Filson, McAlister or Barbour.

Filson catches hell on the 'fuge and elsewhere, but the gear works. I have some stuff from them that is 20 years old I still use.

I have some old McAlister gear that is still doing the job. We don't give up on garments easily. I expect to have to sew a button back on or reinforce a hem once in a while.

The McAlister wading vests I wear are tough and see lots of use. I like their gear.

Drake is a young company and I am sure that real world use and complaints from Customers will only serve to make for better products down the road. I own a fair amount of Drake gear, and while not perfect, I have had some great service from most of it.

My "extreme" cold weather coat for Duck hunting is from Browning- it is dry and warm- so far.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I've been lucky/fortunate with my Drake stuff so far. This is my 2nd season with it. I wore a Drake coat all day yesterday in that rain at a hunt test and stayed dry. Hope it lasts!

I have had a jacket for years with no problems. I also won 5 items at the last Delta banquet and have not had any problems with those either. I do admit I like Cabelas quality the best of all.

I was just reading through and I saw some comparisons between the quality of McAlister and Drake. So I decided to look up McAlister. While I was looking on their website I found that they are actually partners with Drake. I don't know if this a new aquisition or something. Just thought it was interesting.

http://www.mcalisterclothing.com/partners.php
    Last edited by JBM7411; 03-26-2009 at 07:32 AM.

I wonder of some of you guys are trying to squeeze into clothes that are too small to begine with hence the zippers breaking on such a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure since Drake admitted they were faulty that I'm not the problem.

Cabelas has great hunting jackets. tuff and great refund options

yeah drake is for rich pricks.... Columbia all the way

I got the Mr. fratastic Drake pull-over a couple years ago. Its held up pretty damn well. I just got the 4-in-1 coat a couple months ago. Haven't had any problems yet, but after reading this thread I'm getting a little worried.
    Last edited by JBM7411; 03-27-2009 at 09:54 PM.