Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drake

Default Drake

I have never been a big fan of their gear and have always piped up about that. Everytime I do someone always tells me I just got a bad one or I was just unlucky. I will say that the stuff is comfortable and has some really cool features (magnetic pockets). None of the garments adverised as waterproof are even remotely close to being waterproof and the zippers break very easy. I decided to give them one last chance to see if maybe I was just unlucky with the 3 previous items and bought a vest . I wore it for the second time this morning for about 1 1/2 hrs and broke 2 of the possible 3 zippers on it. They have seen the last of my money.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Their zippers blow. But it people see you wearing drake, you are automatically cool...

Salty, we have seen enough bullshit two only give something/someone two chances... the stuff I have seen from them is unworthy of purchase, looks like Wal-Mart quality.

Go with Columbia

x2

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    Salty, we have seen enough bullshit two only give something/someone two chances... the stuff I have seen from them is unworthy of purchase, looks like Wal-Mart quality.
    I'll never really know why I gave them another chance. I can tell you I would have gotten more satisfaction out of burning that $60.00 in my new outdoor fireplace.

Give us a little detail on how you broke those zippers.

which fireplace did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    I tried to take it off when I got warm and that broke the front zipper, then I tried to get the shells out of the side pocket to put them back in my gunning bag and it broke.

I put a chiminea on the part of my deck I screened in and ran stove pipe out through the foof.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    I'm curious also. I've got a number of their tops and agree that they aren't as "waterproof" as claimed, but have never had any problems with zippers or anything coming apart.

What are you doing to break them?? Not flaming you at all, just don't understand how you're doing it and would like to know.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

The same thing I do with all my zippered clothing. Its not like I hit them repeatadly with a freaking hammer. The thing that slides up and down breaks into 2 pieces and renders the zipper useless. You then take it to an alteration place and get an adult zipper put on it. I understand fully how zippers work. I have been using them unsupervised for over 35 years. Every drake garment I own has had the zippers replaced except my vest that I have worn twice and it needs them done. As a matter of fact I have never had a zipper break on any other article of clothing in my life. If y'all have had good luck with them I think thats terrific. I am done with them.

LOL... damn, now I'm afraid to use my zippers.

Seriously, I have heard of some other guys having a similar problem, just haven't experienced it "yet" myself. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid it as I've got plenty of other problems to deal with.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Will keep this in mind, thinking about a new wader length jacket. I like the chest handwarmer pockets their jackets have. Seen the new waders they came out with and was very dissapointed to see velcro straps.
    Last edited by FlockKnocker; 12-19-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Everyone you talk to loves the stuff. I don't understand how mine falls apart so easily.

Have you contacted Drake? Im sure they would replace the stuff.

I got one pullover replaced then they started playing the receipt game. BTW the zippers broke on it also. On a side note I just received a PM on another site from one of the drake guys who said they had some problems with zippers on some of their 2X and 3X stuff at one time. He has never met or seen me and lives 1600 miles from me so there is no way he knows what size I am. I wear a 2X. I asked him how the problem could affect garments made as many as 5 years apart and he told me he has no idea. If he does something nice for me I will come back and post here. I told him I would box the shit up and mail it tommorow morning.

i just got one given to me last month and have no problems yet, knock on wood., i really like it, it has keep me very warm on the few cold mornings, and i think alot know i shiver my skinny arse off even in my quad. so even if my zipper does break i will still use it.

Quote Originally Posted by saltynut View Post
    I understand fully how zippers work. I have been using them unsupervised for over 35 years.
    I lollered but I feel your pain, Avery is even worse. Columbia however is the shit and only a bit more expensive. My Drake pull over so far has stayed intact.

Quote Originally Posted by btduckcall View Post
    i just got one given to me last month and have no problems yet, knock on wood., i really like it, it has keep me very warm on the few cold mornings, and i think alot know i shiver my skinny arse off even in my quad. so even if my zipper does break i will still use it.
    You can get a nice heavy toothed zipper put in for about $20.00.

That sucks man but I own a bunch of drake stuff and I have not had the slightest problem and now all my buddies are buying the stuff and loving it. I have a parka a pullover a shirt the pants and the blind bag..all working great for me