Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free locked hub.

SCTIMBER Coots

judging by the tire ---> too far
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 11-12-2008 at 08:52 PM.

all pretty good advise, but you really want it straight up. 1. bearing buddys are ok, but what happens when you put grease in from the front, it pushs old grease toward rear brg, same ole bad grease.2. also it pushings out grease past wheel seal. so i dont not recommend brg buddies, . it is always imo to repack brgs twice a year , with good salt resitiant grease and hi temp, i have never had a brg failure. now with some the newier axles they have a grease fitting that feeds to the middle of the hub, imo it does the same as above. you have to remember aslo that you dont pull your trl all the time hich can cause the water inside to sit on the bottom of the brg cage, hence causing corrison or rust if you want to call it. that is where a good grease plays into the factor. just my two my cents . for what it is worth.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...+166845+775725

Get three of them one for each side now and one as a spare for later

Also got to get a tire as well so I would replace both on the trailer and then while at northern find the same size tire and rim combo and have it as a spare.

If you dont get three hubs replace the two on the trailer and use the one on the port side as a spare and rebuild it yourself when you have time.

Last year I replaced both hubs and went up one size larger on my trailer tires. I kept both old hubs and are in the tool box of the truck for spares just in case. Marine grade grease is your friend.

The second pic with the grease gun on the grease gun.....too late go ahead and replace everything. it will take longer going to buy the material than it will to R&R everything.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-12-2008 at 08:56 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I've got a lot to say but all I'm going to say is what our Finance teacher says to stupid comments................DUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

shit its close to duck season I gotta get this trailer rebuilt , i just rebuilt it last year. This sucks. I am getting a new boat.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

knock the bearing buddy off, pull cotter pin/castle nut...

pull hub

get a rag and clean off the spindle...inspect for ridges...

get a new hub kit and put on...put wheel back on.

when you've done that go get you a new bearing/race set and repack the old hub.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Quote Originally Posted by BudsCountryLanyards View Post
    good pro tips stretch! now gimmi some pro tips on catchin them spottails!

Low tide, carolina rig under old docks with live bait or cut mullet.

Chuck D, no worries bro I don't keep secrets...as you said my methods of fishing are shared in every report I give. You just have to look. When we goin fishin?
    xHCFKx

it isn't that hard to fix IF you are capable of thinking logically..........bring it to Aiken with the right parts and I'll have it fixed in 15 minutes...........well you can't exactly pull it there.........good luck

Seriously stretch is right......it is about that simple
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by stretcharmstrong View Post
    knock the bearing buddy off, pull cotter pin/castle nut...

pull hub

get a rag and clean off the spindle...inspect for ridges...

get a new hub kit and put on...put wheel back on.

when you've done that go get you a new bearing/race set and repack the old hub.

stretch
    Thank you sir.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

Chuck D, no worries bro I don't keep secrets...as you said my methods of fishing are shared in every report I give. You just have to look. When we goin fishin?

Man I just walked outside to mess with the dogs and saw how bright the moon is and thought DAMN good night for fishing before the rain comes in.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Dave it is not rockect science, pull it down and replace. but first make sure your inner brg will go on , some hubs have a largier brg to inside, but most are the same on small trls, so look at the spindle and see if or measure it if you are not sure. if it is the same size then take your outside brg and see if it will go on, if it will take some emory cloth and polish where the brg seat sits on the spindle. i would remove the inner brg trying not to mess up the seal, when you pull it, and pack it (yes i know that are supposely prepacked) , pack outer brg, tighten nut all the way down then back off a quater to half of turn. spin wheel and see how it feels , i dont have my sheet at home to tell you torque but i usually do small trls by the feel of the wheel, shake the wheel also,

Chuck,
    no doubt man...I havn't fished in the dark in a couple weeks now...PM me if you'd like to go soon.

Dave,
    When I bought my first boat on my own daddy made sure that I learned 2 things before driving off at 4am and coming home past dark...

1 was to learn to back the trailer straight.
    2 was trailer maintenance.

we all don't have that luxury so I'm glad to help where I can.

When you get a new hub kit get the one with the bearings already packed.
    They also sell a bearing packing device on the cheap at your local Northern Tool or store of that sort. It looks like funnel.
    I failed to mention to make sure your bearings were packed before you put the new bearing buddy or dust cap on.

Pull the other BB and re-pack that bearing before you go truckin around SC also.
    Last edited by stretcharmstrong; 11-12-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    xHCFKx

what kind of live bait strecth like live mullet?? or shrimp or what?

I prefer finger mullet or peanut menhaden.
    xHCFKx

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
    This sucks. I am getting a new boat.
    New boat won't fix your trailer. Word of advice, do it right the first time.
    HRCH Lemon's Lady Chesney MH
    SHR Lemon's Pinch Of Long Cut aka Hagen
    "Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative." -Mordecai Siegal
    "If forced to choose between romantic love and my dog, I'd sure choose my dog." -Solange

10-4 stretch

set it fire and call the insurance company
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    set it fire and call the insurance company
    YEAH!! INSURANCE FRAUD WOOO!

Chuck,
    no doubt man...I havn't fished in the dark in a couple weeks now...PM me if you'd like to go soon.
    I'll give you a shout. I am off work next thursday and friday so we may have to get together and see what we can get into.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...+166845+775725

Get three of them one for each side now and one as a spare for later

Also got to get a tire as well so I would replace both on the trailer and then while at northern find the same size tire and rim combo and have it as a spare.

Check the link out so you know what to look for and what to expect to pay. If you need me to come do it for you next wednesday let me know. I'll even teach you how to back the boat using your mirrors only.