Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free locked hub.

Did you get the trailer bearings taken care of or are you still struggling?
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

First of all throw that rubber mallett away. Next, knock the buddy bearing off by knocking it from side to side with a block of wood and a real hammer. Work your way around knocking out as well as down. Then remove the cotter pin, nut and washer. It is probably the rear bearing that is locked up, so try and remove the front bearing with needle nose pliers. With these out if it is still locked up use same piece of wood, when I say wood, I mean a 2x4 about a foot long,and heavy hammer, maybe a 3lb sledge and knock the hub off. Again work your way around the hub. Once hub is off,and bearing, rear seal and possibly race are left on spindle, you will need a propane torch to heat up bearing. Then once again, knock around with wood and heavy hammer. The seal you can cut off with dikes. Also if you have access to a slide hammer/gear puller, it might work better in removing the bearing, since you are applying even preasure all the way around. As stated above, check the spindle for groves that may have cut into it by the bearings going out. If the races stayed in the hub, check them also. They should be smooth. If in doubt, replace all bearings, seals, and races. Or just by a new complete hub already assembled. For you that is probably the best thing to do. So go ahead and get 2. On a trailer that small it is most likely a straight spindle and not a tapered one. Measure the spindle with dial calipers to assure you get the right hub.
    Good luck!!!
    Oh yeah, this can be a knuckle busting task, so keep us updated on part 2 of this adventure!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

You really do need your own reality TV show.

What is the status Dave did you get teh trailer fixed yet or what???
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Dave you think you can hook me up with one of those awesome " sandbar shadowgrass" paint jobs on my boat?

and why do you have the grease gun out now..to late for that man

Dave if you don't have it fixed yet call me and i will come fix it.

Haha I still trying to find the parts to fix it, at a good price!
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

Northern Tool, if you don't know anyone with an Ellett Bros. account.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by dcmbsc View Post
    Haha I still trying to find the parts to fix it, at a good price!
    Laughing about it isn't going to fix a damn thing. Better hurry up and get the damn thing fixed. Then TAKE CARE OF IT! Grease it, wash it, run fresh water through your motor while you're at it. Spend the money, and get a good set. If you can buy Bud's florescent colored lanyards you can get your trailer fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Laughing about it isn't going to fix a damn thing. Better hurry up and get the damn thing fixed. Then TAKE CARE OF IT! Grease it, wash it, run fresh water through your motor while you're at it. Spend the money, and get a good set. If you can buy Bud's florescent colored lanyards you can get your trailer fixed.
    Well put !!!

From the picture you posted, I would get someone knowledgable,not budscountrylanyards, to look at the hubs, axle and springs also. May save you some grief in the long run.

here's a few more helping hints
    never put the trailer directly into the water after hauling it to the ramp.
    Stop, get everything in order ready to off load. The time spent will let the bearings and seals cool.
    Put right in the water, while cooling they will suck in water.
    Always have bearing buddies and use marine grease !!!
    When you haul out and put the strap on, shoot the bearing buddies with grease it will flush the water out.
    This may seem like useless stuff, but it's worth never to have a break down.
    you can also lift the wheel and spin the tire, should be no wobble and no whine. Grab the tire top and bottom and then pull and push with oppisite hands. There should be very little movement (top in bottom out and vice versa)
    Always flush the motor with freash water, hose or lake. Once the engine is running and flushing with fresh water, disconnect the fuel line at the engine and let it burn the fuel out of the carbs.
    Do the above everytime and you will have more free time to spend with the ladies !!

Quote Originally Posted by BullCook View Post
    Do the above everytime and you will have more free time to spend with the ladies !!

Oh my goodness that is funny as hell