Jeremiah and other pastors from the airwaves. An organization has been
    granted a Federal Hearing on the same subject by the Federal
    Communications Commission (FCC) in Washington , D.C. Their petition,
    Number 2493, would ultimately pave the way to stop the reading of the
    gospel of our Lord and Savior, on the airwaves of America . They got
    287,000 signatures to back their stand! If this attempt is successful,
    all Sunday worship services being broadcast on the radio or by
    television will be stopped. This group is also campaigning to remove all
    Christmas programs and Christmas carols from public schools!
    >
    > You as a Christian can help!

> We are praying for at least 1 million signatures. This would defeat
    their effort and show that there are many Christians alive, well and
    concerned about our country. As Christians, we must unite on this.

> Please don't take this lightly. We ignored one lady once and lost
    prayer in our schools and in offices across the nation. Please stand up
    for your religious freedom and let your voice be heard. Together we can
    make a difference in our country while creating an opportunity for the
    lost to know the Lord.

> Please, if you don't wish to participate, return this email to
    whoever sent it to you so they can at least keep this email going or
    forward it to some one you know who will wish to participate. Dr. Dobson
    is going on CNBC to urge every Christian to get involved. I hope you
    will sign and forward to all your family and friends. Please press
    forward, CLEAN UP THE MESSAGE, and forward this to everyone you think
    should read this.

> Now, please sign your name at the bottom (you can only add your
    name after you have pressed 'Forward' or you have copied and pasted the
    text). Don't delete any other names, just go to the next number and
    type your name.
    >
    > Please do not sign jointly, such as Mr. & Mrs., each person should
    sign his/her own name. Please defeat this organization and keep the
    light of our freedom of religion.

> When you get to 1000 please e-mail back to: Lisa Norman email
    address is:
    >
    > electric yello@hotmail.com

tradorion Coots

There are VERY VERY few religious services that are broadcast that I find worthwhile... far too often i see great levels of excessive spending and lavish aspects of a church and i think- that money would have far better served God applied other places...

So I can't say I would hate to see them go... for those that say "some people can't get out to church" i say "It is the church's job to get out to those people and the PERSONAL Touch is far better than TV/Radio"

T
    Last edited by tradorion; 11-12-2008 at 10:51 AM.

It boils down to ratings and can they sell advertising during those slots.

I try to listen to Charles Stanley when I can. I enjoy his sermons.

The stations do not have to carry TV sermons...unless it is a good business decision for them.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

You miss the point Trad...or perhaps you get it and you have another axe to grind with religion. But the real problem here is, again, one group trying to take the rights of another. I can see a time in the not too distant future when people will run out of peacefull diplomatic options in the fight to preserve their rights. And when we reach that time, it will not be pleasant or gainfull for the liberal, anti-gun, anti-religion groups.
    Last edited by Fish; 11-12-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I can see a time in the not to distant future when people will run out of peacefull diplomatic options in the fight to preserve their rights. And when we reach that time, it will not be pleasant or gainfull for the liberal, anti-gun, anti-religion groups.
    When government makes peaceful resistance impossible, violent resistance becomes inevitable.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    when we reach that time, it will not be pleasant or gainfull for the liberal, anti-gun, anti-religion groups.
    I hope you are right, but I fear that those who mete out the pain so to speak, will be branded with the same iron that David Coresh (sp?) and the Branch Davidians were when their "compound" was raided by Reno and her band of merry men.

Hussien has already started by calling those that didnt believe his message a bunch of small town back woods folk who are still clutching their bibles and their guns.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

What else do we need?
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Beer?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

the only religous shows i ever see on tv, are evangelists trying to take money from people for there own gain. that guy thats always on tv saying "sew your seed"! "what is 1000 dollars is only 10, 100 dollar bills" "sew your seed to god and plant that seed of 1000 dollars and it will come back to you 10 fold"...............and these kinds of things make me so angry, because there are people out there who are there to help, and live the right way... but these people on TV are ALL in it for the money.. and thats not what religion is about. but in this day and age its what its become....

The same liberals that want to take away your right to watch Christian TV are the ones that want to take away your guns, want to stop you from hunting animals, and are in favor of violence on TV for your children to watch, sex in the city and on every channel. The silent majority continues to lose their rights to have a say in what we do. The vocal liberal minority will beat us out of the rights many of us have served to protect.
    An average hunt becomes great with a good dog

tradorion Coots

Default Opinions and ...

We all have them...

I have many axes to grind with what passes as organized and formal religion these days- the list of the churches of the worlds sins is longer than the list of sins of their practitioners LOL... the closest I ever come to God is sitting in a treestand or a marsh NOT in a church. Buildings and people have very little to do with that experience for me. Often times when i see a church or a preacher growing exponentially I ask myself "how long til the fall?" and have first hand seen the corruption and disgrace of many churches and preachers when they grew beyond what they knew...

Do I miss the point Fish?? Freedom of Speech and Religion-- our forefathers had some interesting ideas on this but almost ALL of those ideas was based on Christianity- they couldn't (or didn't) seem to consider the day when Christianity might not be the only game in town- so now that aetheists and other religious/non-religious factions are competing with Christianity how do you let the government intervene or not intervene without getting into the whole Church and State issue??

My question to you is this- "Individual Rights"- where does "our right" to hear these programs broadcast over the airwaves outweigh "their right" to not have them broadcast? Now i know you can say "They don't have to listen" but the question is about the right to do or not do something... so where does ours outweight theirs?

Damned if you do and damned if you don't... go figure.

That is why i will keep getting my religion in the outdoors and not worry a whole bunch about what is or is not being broadcast on the airwaves.

T

good post T

Quote Originally Posted by BudsCountryLanyards View Post
    the only religous shows i ever see on tv, are evangelists trying to take money from people for there own gain. that guy thats always on tv saying "sew your seed"! "what is 1000 dollars is only 10, 100 dollar bills" "sew your seed to god and plant that seed of 1000 dollars and it will come back to you 10 fold"...............and these kinds of things make me so angry, because there are people out there who are there to help, and live the right way... but these people on TV are ALL in it for the money.. and thats not what religion is about. but in this day and age its what its become....
    I will try not to use profanity in this thread (for once). However, Bud you are an absolute idiot and only have one talent in life, which is braiding (ugly) lanyards. Nothing you have ever posted on this website has made a lick of sense, and it seems you are following suite in this thread with the rest of your ignorant thoughts.

I may be partial to preachers on Television, because my Grandfather is one. But do you know that Joel Osteen quit taking a salary from Lakewood Church in Houston? You moron. Do you realize how many people are led to the Lord from such broadcasts? And if you read the Bible, you will read that you should tithe to your church and it will come back to you, 10 fold.

I guess I should not be getting upset about a post from a retard on the internet, but this has just sent my blood pressure through the roof.

I even know some Obama supporters that would call you an idiot.
    Last edited by PBiz; 11-12-2008 at 11:46 AM.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

In this instance, the government already has the ultimate say, because it has regulated the full spectrum of radio waves. In fact, if you don't already know this, the federal government lead the push to move to all digital television because the old radio frequencies are perfect for cellular usage. Not only that, but they are going to take what is rightfully ours and lease it, taking away all possibility of public usege and all marginal utility, to the highest bidder.

But enough about that, the federal government and the FCC have total say in what is put out there. If a libaral agenda drives the FCC, we will see regulation of public broadcasting and an infringement of our 1st amendment rights.

The athiest have rights too and they can rent air time to propogate their message if they like. I don't care what they do. It's their business. And that's the point. We do what we want so long as it doesn't infringe upon someone elses rights and basically, these people are playing the victim in a victimless situation.

I would argue that there aren't enough of these idiots to make a difference. This has to pass legislation and most of them are members of churches, even if they are liberal.
    Last edited by Fish; 11-12-2008 at 11:43 AM.

tradorion Coots

PBIZ- sorry- i can't believe I am coming to the adamant defense of BLCL But he makes a VERY valid point in the perception of TV Religion for many people...

Sure- there are indeed some very good religious programs on TV... you know what? I also know a couple of really nice people addicted to drugs and alcohol and more that one really sweet woman who happens to be a prostitute..

The TV Religious programs do have some good folks (I'll watch anytime Billy Graham or a few others are speaking) but MANY of the other programs do indeed give a constant pitch for money and even the Bible points out the ability of wrongdoers to use The Word in a polluted nd convoluted way.... So they can quote the "come back to you tenfold" portion in order for you to send money to line their pockets quite nicely for their own good....

Fish- good points.

T
    Last edited by tradorion; 11-12-2008 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    I will try not to use profanity in this thread (for once). However, Bud you are an absolute idiot and only have one talent in life, which is braiding (ugly) lanyards. Nothing you have ever posted on this website has made a lick of sense, and it seems you are following suite in this thread with the rest of your ignorant thoughts.

I may be partial to preachers on Television, because my Grandfather is one. But do you know that Joel Osteen quit talking a salary from Lakewood Church in Houston? You moron. Do you realize how many people are led to the Lord from such broadcasts? And if you read the Bible, you will read that you should tithe to your church and it will come back to you, 10 fold.

I guess I should not be getting upset about a post from a retard on the internet, but this has just sent my blood pressure through the roof.

I even know some Obama supporters that would call you an idiot.
    Typing basically the same thing other than my Grandfather..........you beat me to it.........mostly the reason of television evangilism is because of the lack of members in church so most sound preachers want to reach out to those that do not feel they should be in church......can you get religion in the outdoors?.....of course......I feel at ease and understand and take in more beauty in that time when I'm in the woods........I'm not a biblical scholar but it is written in the Bible that we should be in Church around fellow Christians..........I'm looking for a new Church at this present time but still go to my old one for the message and fellowship........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

tradorion Coots

Default fellow christians...

you can get a whole lot of fellowship by hanging out with them outside of that building...

As Fish noted- i have a WHOLE BUNCH of axes to grind with organized religion... from Preachers who forget that they are supposed to carry the message and then get so big that they think they have become the message... Churches that i have personally seen that tell the members "Give this much money and you get this in return"

Yes- i have attended some very good churches and services and met some very dedicated Christians in my life- and to those people and places i am indeted.

FISH- made the best point in that this all ties into the government controlling aspects of the airwaves in the name of governing religion and therefore inringing upon free speech... that is the key to which the argument must be faced.

Even though i despise most aspects of televised religion-- the freedom to do so should indeed be there.

Thanks, Fish.

T

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Snopes says Urban Legend. Course I don't trust Snopes.

The Petition Site says it's real:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sav...astorbroadcast

From the FCC, read the last sentence (bold):
    http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/Religious.html

These rumors are untrue. In December 1974, Jeremy D. Lansman and Lorenzo W. Milam filed a petition (RM-2493) asking the FCC to inquire into the operating practices of stations licensed to religious organizations, and not to grant any new licenses for new noncommercial educational broadcast stations until the inquiry had been completed. The FCC denied this petition on August 1, 1975. Ms. O'Hair was not a sponsor of this petition.

Since that time, the FCC has received mail and telephone calls claiming that Ms. O'Hair started the petition and that the petition asked for an end to religious programs on radio and television. Such rumors are false. The FCC has responded to numerous inquiries about these rumors and advised the public of their falsehood.
    There is no federal law that gives the FCC the authority to prohibit radio and television stations from broadcasting religious programs.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Televangelism and mega churches are a pox on this country. They should be taxed as businesses, because I think that is what they are. How much money can we bring in seems to be the mantra rather than spreading the Word. I heard a friend at work talking about how her sister's church in Atlanta bought their pastor a Bentley. I mean come on, really. What would Jesus drive? Damn sure not a Bentley. That car was paid for by those tithing to do the Lord's work.

But, the government should not be involved unless there is some criminal activity.

exactly what i meant in my post, good post geetch