Thread: Question and a thanks to CWPINST

Default Question and a thanks to CWPINST

CWPINST,
    Thanks so much for the suggestion on the Leupold VX-III. It's way better than I expected. I'm glad I spent the extra $200.

Does anyone hunt with a Ruger No. 1? I've found a used one that I think I can get for $600. It's in .25-06.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

i used to own one in a .270. biggest mistake i ever made was selling it. i made $90 on the deal and at the time it seemed like a great deal of money. one of the best grouping guns i ever owned.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I have a No. 1 made in 1976. A 22-250. It is a great shooter. I once popped a fox at about 150 yards while it was running away from me across a corn field. I split its skin right where the neck joined the skull. Y'all should have seen the cloud of pink that filled the air.

On some of them, they require a tune-up to be really accurate. A lot of people who don't care for Rugers will slam these guns. There was a period when Ruger got some bad barrels and you would have to work with them. A trigger job never hurts anything. There is a fella around Jackson that does a real good job with No. 1's. Carolina Precision I believe.

If someone is selling a No. 1, I would wonder why.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.