Thread: $1 Billion To NASCAR

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default $1 Billion To NASCAR

Anybody watching the market since this "historic" bill passed? Looks like another Black Friday!

Dropped like a rock.

Did I read right - $1 Billion for NASCAR? That should help out a lot of hard working folks.

So this bail out was so important the world was going to end if it didn't pass? Hence they've dubbed it 'The Stop Armageddon Bill'!

Yet there are at least 12 earmarks for Global Warming, an earmark for money to go to, I assume a study, of wooden arrows in kid's toys.

And now a Billion Dollars for NASCAR!

Congress no longer works for us. They are now officially our rulers.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-03-2008 at 05:39 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Merg-

The bit about the arrows was to keep them as "toys" or something of the such so they would not be taxable under Pittman-Robertson.

MM think it was $125 or $128MM for track maint.?????

Also, heard some one say today the arrows cost $.60 ea and tax was $.60 ea also. Not good for Boy Scouts bank acc.
    Last edited by Treeclimber; 10-03-2008 at 06:58 PM.
    Reloading is one of the few times in life when it pays to allow yourself to be truly paranoid!

"Y'all be safe out there"
    NRA Lifer 1970

everyone is getting paid....saw something yesterday bout sending some 100 mils to cuba for a rum distillery....went from 3 pages to 450+....this shit is ridiculous...can't say they can't do nothing, but let 'nature' take care of itself before rusing into 700 billion....'ass-load' of earmarks and sweeteners for everyone

Everyone except those who work for a living and will be paying this stupid crap off for the rest of our lives.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/AYO08C32_xml.pdf

Page 262 section 317 states there will be a seven year recovery period for "Motorsports Racing Facility" This is described in full on page 290 same section number mentioned.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."