Thread: anyone been fishing in santee lately

Default anyone been fishing in santee lately

Not trying to scout, but was wondering if anyone had been catching anything around packs. I don't get the newspaper with the fishing reports etc. Was gonna go riding tommorow and thought about taking some tackle and go a little early to kill some time. Just wondering what sort of tackle to take. Thanks fellas.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

reports on SCDNR say to try carolina or texas rigged worms in deeper water....good luck

i started searching and found the dnr thing after i posted this. Might take the old catfish rods and see what happens.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

have a friend that fishes santee every weekend.word has been packs has been slow and the better fishing has been at goat island